 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2079
Re: legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz problems/incomplete?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:11:30 GMT

I posted too soon.  Just located the other web site
http://legOS.sourceforge.net

"Michael Scott" <mikesc@nospam.telus.net> wrote in message
I am new to legOS but a seasoned win32/java developer.

I have been having problems making anything in legOS/util or
legOS/util/dll-src directories. There does not seem to be a make rule for
firmdls and the source loader.c, rcxtty.c and rcxtty.h will not compile • due
too many errors.

I examined the code and I can't understand how it ever compiled, at least
under gcc on Cygwin. Did I somehow get incomplete sources or a bad gcc
installation.

For example in rcxtty.c
---clip---
//! the one and only RCX file descriptor
static FILEDESCR rcxFd = BADFILE;

//! get RCX file descriptor
FILEDESCR rcxFD(void) {
return rcxFd;
}
---clip---
The reference to FILEDESCR  is a problem. There is not a single definition
of it anywhere in my gcc includes or in the legOS source.

Same goes for TTY_VARIABLE in loader.c

I am using Cygwin on w2k and have successfully configured and installed • gcc
and binutils for hitachi-8300, I think!

Has anyone else had these problems?
Has anyone successfully rebuild the dll-src directory using gcc on Cygwin?
My copy of the legOS source is from
http://www.noga.de/legOS/legOS-0.2.3-tar.gz
I am using gcc-2.95.3-5 and binutils-20010914-2

I do not want to start tracking and fixing all the problems if they have
already been fixed by somewhere else.

And finally.  I am unable to download any HOW TO manuals from the above
website. Does anyone have an old copy that I could have?