 Robotics / RCX / Java / 142
141  |  143
Subject:
Math.log probs. (Was: Proximity sensor)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:21:21 GMT

Hi Paul,

Btw. could you use my StringBuffer extension?
I tried them but it looks as though there are problems with the Math
methods. In particular Math.log(<I can't remember waht>) returns zero when
it shouldn't. If you like you could take a look at them. They are all
written in Java. If you do you should run a test under the Linux emulator.
The regression directory has exmaples. Look for the ones that use
Test.assert().
Ok, I couldn't find any examples for which the Math.log
returned 0, either with emulator nor the RCX (I didn't look
too hard :o). Maybe you could supply with some examples?
The basic routine should be ok!

I encountered situations in which the convergence criteria
couldn't be met:
ACCURACY = 0.0000001f;
but changing it to:
ACCURACY = 1e-6f;
did the job. Try that...

That made me wonder; is the double precision really floating
point precision?

Regards,
Martin