 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2089
2088  |  2090
Subject:
lnpd for other OSes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:09:05 GMT

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any lnpd ports to non-linux and non-windows operating
systems?  I'm trying to get lnpd to work for Solaris 7, and would rather use
someone else's hacked up code than port lnpd myself =P

Along similar lines,  has anybody ever done a data-logger type thing for the
RCX?  I've been told that in NQC, you can write to a data log while your
program is running and then download the log to your PC once the program is
done running.  This doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement in
LegOS... just allocate some memory for the log and then use lnpd to shoot it
back once you're done.  I'm mainly interested in lnpd as a debugging tool,
and if an on-board log was kept, then you wouldn't have to worry about
keeping the robot near a PC when running.

-Albert