 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4159 (-100)
  Re: SCARA *rocks*

(...) The webpage says "high speed PCB assembly, inspection, manipulation, and sorting." That to me suggests the manipulation of PCBs themselves, yet the video shows the robots doing something to locations ON the PCB (ie, where chips would be). (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SCARA *rocks*

"Richard Noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GuBs01.I6u@lugnet.com... (...) Too big word! I don't know. time for........ HTTP:?? SUPER SUPER WWW.M-T.COM!!!!! No wait, that is wrong. ah yes. www.m-w.com Now let us do the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: SCARA *rocks*

(...) !Ha! ~You make funny! With your; “No, no…I no longer exist” *I lol @ your existentialism* -R ()---]]]]]]]—— Somebody needs their Shot! (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SCARA *rocks*

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GuBrxx.Hxz@lugnet.com... (...) look (...) Scratch that I said that. Argh. Sorry. It's tickling itself! "Tickle MY SMTBoard*!" HELLO! (* - Yes, I'm MSU. But I learn from the best. ;) ) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SCARA *rocks*

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GuBrr4.H8F@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) - (...) thats' (...) I could go back to the page and copy/paste the text, but because I'm on dialup I'm not going to bother, and intsead I'm just going (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SCARA *rocks*

(...) What is that thing doing? Is it like probing contacts on an SMT chip thats' supposed to be there? Calum (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: SCARA *rocks*

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:GuBpwr.C73@lugnet.com... (...) No. *NO.* (URL) you can have my LEGO now, because I NO LONGER EXIST. Iain (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  SCARA *rocks*

(URL) could anyone *not* love that? That's like even faster than the BOSCH TurboSCARA I saw at the NFAS/CMTS. (from (URL) - was just searching for robot video clips and found this) Iain (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  brickfun...

well last night I made efforts not use the computer all evening. I wasn't banning myself from it, just wanted to take a break from it....the reasons are personal and don't really need to be mentioned... so I turned to some of the stuff I had gotten (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: help in vacation planning

(...) I'm sure there will be a lot more replies by more qualified people, but here's my two cents: If you're in Toronto, you probably could spend at least one or two days to visit the CN Tower and downtown Toronto items like the Royal Ontario Museum (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New stuff at Winners

(...) I'm not sure if it's the same on jeffE has seen but I've seen a lot of 6495 Time Tunnelator around. Ugly set. I stayed away from that one. (...) I think about four dollars? Calum (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New stuff at Winners

(...) I was in on the weekend, man was that place crowded, you could barely move in there. Had to push mobs of people out of my way just to get back to the toys. I didn't see the time-cruisers set when I was there, however I did see the cyberslam (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New stuff at Winners

(...) Which one? (...) How much? Thanks for the info! -R (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New stuff at Winners

After visiting on the weekend and this morning, I have concluded that, at least for the time being, the Lego sets are changing too rapidly to keep up with. Today there were some cyberslam sets (the one with the motor), a few Dino adventure sets, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New stuff at Winners

They had a few new sets at Winners today: 6550 Outback Racer 5936 Island Hopper 6712 Sheriff's Showdown 1095 Super Sub (Aquazone) 6555 Sea Hunter (Divers) I got the Outback Racer, Island Hopper and a second Sheriff's Showdown. I originally bought (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: times change

"Oliver Giesen" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote in message news:Gu5GJo.8H4@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) 1&SEQ=00&BUS=375097&...rd&TYPE=13 (...) I wish I lived in Toronto. Iain (23 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: times change

G'Day There is a small strip mall at Dixie and Matheson, on Matheson, behind the Stage West Hotel, that has 4 electronics/PC clone shops in a row. Active/Future Components is at one end. (But there prices are horrible) Daiwa used to be there as (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: times change

  new inventory items at Paradise ABS shop

Hello, I am just posting that I've added a couple of sets to my inventory. These were the sets I bought at "Winners". There were the two fright night sets and the sharks cove set. All prices are basically comparable to other Brickshops. I might add (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Winners(tm) review

(...) Ohhhh Yeah!!!!! VERY Cool....I've only just "discovered" Winners. I've been there 3 times now. I went twice this week. The first time I purchase what I had posted earlier - 2 dragon/"night lord" sets (fright knights) and a one Timmy set (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: times change

(...) HI: I can not think of any off the top of my head (at 1:37am) BUT i do know that A1 Electronics is at Kipling and Queensway. (more like NorthQueen) But this is more in Etobicoke. Electronsonic is at Vic Park and Steeles.... And I think you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  times change

  Re: 8 inches is wimpy

Some links to inspire... (URL) steering! (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8 inches is wimpy

This is what I was thinking. Its easy to build a vehicle that can span a gap, if you're allowed to build something bigger then the gap in the first place. My hope was to see robots that had to expand in some way to get across the gap. Right now, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8 inches is wimpy

(...) 24 inches... from a 'bot that has to fit within 1 cubed foot? k, np, as long as i get 2 rcx's!! ;) Dave (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  8 inches is wimpy

Hi everyone, I ran into John at school about a week ago and we talked Lego for an hour. We talked a bit about the proposed capture the flag game, and what we thought about it. The idea is growing on me. a simple game should be a nice break from (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  good Winners stuff

I have been to Winners just twice, and I think I might hit them again in the next day or so. I bought a couple of Fright Night sets (4.99 CDN knight & dragon sets), as well as a Timmy set (the small vehicle)... seen the arctic sets for $36, a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gu1oxF.52y@lugnet.com... (...) sight (...) cars? Neither, I'd planned on having a parallel track (presumabally technic) with a carrier running along that with an autocoupler. This (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

(...) Hi Kevin, Unfortunately neither Iain nor I will be making it down to the event due to prior commitments. But thanks for the invite, it is much appreciated! Calum (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold first joint train show

Un message francais suit. A french message follows. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce the Montreal Area Lego User Group (MonLUG) second and the Ottawa Lego User Group's first participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  Winners(tm) review

The new Winners store opened today at College & Yonge. My stomping grounds. Their Lego stock today was 3 units of 4817 and 2 units of 4819, as well as four assorted roboriders sets. Since I don't have 4819 and I like the other one (These are the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

(...) There is precedent. Here is a TLC designed "set". (URL) by Jorn, in fact, the same designer who brought us the recent great train stuff) It was presented to train summit attendees as a gift. If you can pull this autotrainreshuffler thing off (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:Gu10Ir.KKC@lugnet.com... (...) Metroliners (...) Like Candy! Maybe we could be like those people who make metroliners out of seven parts, like, a 2x1 slope and some clear pieces. You know, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

(...) I was sort of kidding there. The idea a heavy bomber could drop Metroliners out of the sky to happy children everywhere sort of made my day. (...) The difference between ZNAP and Lego is that no one can feel bad about borrowing ZNAP. This is (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:Gu0xsv.CwA@lugnet.com... (...) the tracks? How to keep them level when it rotates? What if they swing? That might look pretty hass. Like a big feris wheel. But I dunno. Maybe that would be (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

(...) You could make a giant rotary device like the AGM86 launcher in a B-52: (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

(...) Six lengths is enough to fit a Metroliner consist I think. (...) The frame or the track? The track I'm sure the group can help out with, but the frame is easy-Do it in ZNAP. ZNAP, your source for cheap and big Lego structures. I can lend you (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

Wow, now that's scary! Train4: "The Return of ProjectX" Given 8 trains and 16 train modules build a robot that can assemble randomly scattered trains into an X shape pattern! Bonus points will be awarded for knocking over JeffVW's R2D2 trash cans. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Average Train Length?

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:Gu0nAo.9J9@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) a (...) that's (...) gonna (...) Never mind, I realized I don't have anywhere near enough LEGO to build this, and then I got bored. (URL) could (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Average Train Length?

This is related to the next train event. What's the average train length that people would be content for "Siding lengths"? I'm working on a very advantageous project, and I kind of need to know ASAP (in track sections). IE, if I made a siding that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Photos from rtlToronto10

(...) Once again, great job (but Chris already said that...) I didn't know you took that shot over my shoulder of me working on my 'bot. It's neat to see the vid window on my laptop showing my hand moving and such. Seeing good pics of all the other (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

Is anyone from Toronto planning on coming down? Kevin Dixon (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Photos from rtlToronto10

(...) I'm glad you liked it. I hope everyone gets a kick out of it. Part of the reason why I take so long with them is that instead of uploading a big zip file to Brickshelf and letting people decipher what they are, a robotics contest I think (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Photos from rtlToronto10

(...) Calum, The page is GREAT!! (as always.) I'm sad that yo got called for Jury duty and have to wait 3 more days as a guest of the queen. BUT on the bright side, R10 photos are amazing!! Kate is a bit mad at you for using somewhat unflattering (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Photos from rtlToronto10

Hi folks, Have you ever sat in a room with nothing to do for several hours? I did today. And during that day, I decided to finish up commenting and selecting the rtlToronto10 photos: (URL) was a distinct departure from previous rtlToronto events (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: Train4 ideas

(...) Well, I'd like to expand on my train station, and actually get it completed this time. :-) One thing I wanted to add to my station is the mono rail I brought to Train2. I can't fit a useful run on my two modules. If people would be interested (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train4 ideas

(...) It won't be for a long time (I'd say well into the summer) but I figured I'd ask what people wanted to do. I should have some Live1 rules up by tomorrow night, along with the rtl10 (all 100 of them!) photos, which I will be indexing/commenting (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sun SPARC hardware request

Hey folks, We're in process of upgrading Peachy and are looking for a Sun SPARC20 SCA internal hard disk sled. They're also used on the SPARC5 chassis as well. We've got the disks but not this little plastic holder. Anyone in rtlTorontoland got an (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Second game for rtlToronto11

(...) Yep, sign me up doc! (...) I was meaning little trophies or Certificates or something like that. It would be good to have a fun entry-level like competition especially one that new comers could enter that wouldn't need too many pieces to (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train4 ideas

(...) Well if and when Train4 happens, I will probably debut a brand new design of mine...a dairy processing plant/store...maybe that's all. Its been real slow working on other things. I don't know how much resources I can promise to this show, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Judges for grade school Mindstorms contest in Oakville?

Hi folks, I received this email from a teacher at a local grade school. They're looking for folks to help judge a grade school robotics contest. If anyone's interested, please mail me, I'll give you their email and phone. Calum (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train4 ideas

Hey folks, Chris was joking the other day about getting started on Train4, so, here's the obligatory request for Train4 ideas. Let's get brainstorming about rtlToronto/train4 and what people are up for bringing. Would folks be interested in doing a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Yet another Turbine Visit

(URL) you can find the links to the review I wrote in winter about the V80 at Pickering, as well as my visit yesterday to the new Vestas V47 in Goderich, Ontario. It was great! Iain (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Project X

This is a bit late...... I saw this and thought it would be interesting. (URL) we need to consult the RTLToronto legal council and act accordingly ;) (that was just a joke) what is that old expression, impersonation.....form of flattery blah (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Scarborough RT photo

(...) No no no... you got it wrong. The plate is vertical, and the rubber drive wheels GRIP THE PLATE. :) Calum (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Scarborough RT photo

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:Gttt8y.8Js@lugnet.com... (...) One of the most frequent questions I get, after explaining in gruesome detail the inner workings of the Linear Induction Motor (LIM) is... "So this train is (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Scarborough RT photo

Hey folks, One of the photos I took of the Scarborough RT is on Transit Toronto, probably the best website about the TTC: (URL) those of you outside the GTA, the Scarborough RT is a quirky little transit system that runs for six stops in the east (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: fresh pictures

Rob, Rob, Rob.... (...) geesh. :) with 12V at your disposal, no wonder you came in first. I really like web page. it shows a LOT. seeing all this stuff NOW on the page makes me want to see your robot again. Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  fresh pictures

Hi everyone, I have uploaded some new pictures of eXpedite on my page: (URL) is a lot more details about the robot now. I learned something about my camera yesterday that really helps the image quality. When uploading the images form the camera to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

(...) the (...) The gantry is fairly simple, it runs on pins and is moved by screws...But it does not move up and down, the table does....Basically the head squirts it's path of ABS with one nozzle and then it switches to the other nozzle (if (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  25% off and nothing's on

So here's a followup to the thread from before. I went to the Belleville Zellers the day after and tried to buy the last Slave 1. It was gone! So I decided to look around for anything else I wanted, but I really couldn't find anything of note. I (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Second game for rtlToronto11

(...) Well, in general that sounds pretty good. I'm going to put the idea out at dinner next week and see how many people beyond you and Iain would be into drag racing versus CTF (or both). If it's a lot, let's turn these rules into a webpage and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) I apologize again! I swear my IR control of your robot was a complete accident. We used to be a lot better about that sort of thing back in the rtl3/4/5 timeframe, people would yell like "fire in the hole" before using any IR downloading. But (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) We are, of course, "conveniently" ignoring MY robot. :) (...) Well, I have an idea that should fit within the 12 inch rule. Dave, remember that Chris said "fits within a 1' cube". This means that your robot could be up to ~20 inches long (only (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) Full height for sure...Dave you're getting soft! (...) 18 inches!...how about 36 or 48...Dave, Dave, Dave...whats happened to you? (...) I can certainly live without you being nice...in fact I prefer it!...As for money changing hands, IT (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) (evil grin) oh, I think the tables will be at full height...... just like we did for monkeys. we have not lost a robot to the games yet. sure we lost a few to some stairs and streetcar tracks; but we don't talk about that in public. :) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Paradise ABS update

(...) Ohhh....something I forgot to mention, sale will last for approx. 7 to 10 days (or whenever I feel like ending it!!) :) then it will go back to "regular price". Thanks, Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Paradise ABS update

just letting everyone know, I updated the shop (by adding a "splash page"), removed my train parts - since they've been up for over 6 months, decided to re-absorb them into my collection. Added another 6600 Hiway Construction set to my inventory, as (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Second game for rtlToronto11

(...) I think others have already proposed rules previously.... :) (...) I think there are others who prefer a Mindstorm "cliffdive" :) (...) see above....reflective tape will encourage stopping by the machines... let stopping be decided by "chance" (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Second game for rtlToronto11

(...) Hi I'm interested. I think Drag Racing is a cool idea. I propose these rules: -20ft strip (straight) -6-8" finish distance 1/2" wide line (No cliffs or walls) -2" wide reflective finish line -If any part of your racer crosses the finish (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) I hope the legs of the tables are collapsed and resting on the floor (thus the tabletops are 3-4 inches above the floor, not 2.5 feet) Can I get a modification to the rules please? Can the 'bots fit within 18 inches (1.5 feet) instead of 1 (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Video?

"Matthias Jetleb" <Jetleb@Netcom.ca> wrote in message news:3c9abb88.383728...net.com... (...) I use Adobe Premiere 6. I originally was forced to use 5, until I bought a IEEE 1394/FireWire card. Before that, I was capturing the footage via the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

(...) I don't see it as too hard to build a mechanism that grips just the axle (rubber bands around the pincers for example) but I'm sure sooner or later someone will try building a proof of concept and realize how incredibly hard it might be (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Video?

To take this subject slightly off topic... which editing package do you use? Matthias Jetleb (who's only just starting to actually use the DV in DV) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: START BUILDING -- next contest

Can we assume there will be something like a bushing at the top of the axel? Otherwise we would need to build a gripper that can grip a bare axel fairly well in order to lift the flag. ie: 888 8 888 <- bushing 8 888 8 8 8 8 <--- bare axel ---...---> (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GtM8IG.FKD@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) You bet! Drag race. Iain (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Second game for rtlToronto11

Are people still for a second game (simple game, drag racers, whatever) for rtl11? Calum (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: lego Insurance

(...) I've had to go thru this already for my collection and it's a pain. I have All-State Insurance as this is how I had to handle my "LEGO" collection. 1. You need to have a record (paper, eletronic) of ALL your legos. So you, your insurance (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: This place was dead because... (Was Re: lego Insurance)

(...) You don't have to-- the ot.fun poster was one of you, as was the "informant"! Beyond that I shall not reveal my sources. :-) (...) Aw gee, just when I thought my curiosity would be satisfied.... (...) Actually the page isn't bad at all once (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: here's a fun topic....

(...) Way more often than that. Back during October of 2001 there was 3 before Christmas alone! (...) I plan on getting’ one 4723 & one 4702 for the parts. (URL) far, my Zellers travels (from Vaugn to Richmond Hill to Aurora to Newmarket) have (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: here's a fun topic....

(...) I think it's even more frequent than that! I guess that's the one good thing about being in Canada. (...) I thought about that one. $44.95 sounds pretty good, but there's not a heck of stuff in there. (...) 725 is pretty cool. I really wish (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: here's a fun topic....

Rank 1 feat.Shanokee - Such is life (extended mix) <-- Beautiful! Never thought I'd say that about something by Rank 1. (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  here's a fun topic....

Well this week is indeed Zeller's Lego BOGHP event, seems to hit every 6 months or so.... so, the real question is what are you (guys) planning on buying from there...?? I already bought 2 hiway construction sets (~ $36 plus tax each)... I thought (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3C9E906E.4C3AF4...res.com... (...) Is that what that is?! I thought it was a corn-on-the-cob embedded in a cross-section of an Orca fin. Do you wear boots like that often, Jeff? Iain (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

(...) Phenomenal? The CAD drawing is a pipe T-junction, and a boot comes out! I'd get fired if my software pulled something like that :P Jeff E (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

(...) Thanks, Calum, now I've got Sex Pistols lyrics going through my head. What a way to start a Moday. Besides, I thought Jeff VW was the Anti-Chris :O Jeff E (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Price 6762 Fort Legoredo?

(...) I guess....but you still need to factor in the sales tax (depending on which state you purchase it in, eg NY State = 7%) (...) That will be your best bet, assuming that they still have them. If not, there is a place in Buffalo that right now (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Price 6762 Fort Legoredo?

(...) Actually, I was referring to the price at a U.S. T ‘R’ Us. But I've recently observed that the price is $89.99 in the U.S. That’s positively incredible! (...) Yes, yes I am! For I intend to venture forth this weekend and procure about a dozen (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The Road to Belleville

Hey folks, Since it looks like I'm visiting Belleville two days out of my week, does anyone know what towns are along the way which have Zellers, Walmarts that are near the highway? Calum (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Price 6762 Fort Legoredo?

(...) Oops, I wasn't paying attention and didn't change where I wanted my message to go. Oh well. I really wasn't intending to post to lugnet.western, even though I like western sets very much. I also noticed that the sherrif sets have 2 black (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  ?Best Price 6762 Fort Legoredo?

Just a question? (URL) about to drop *$172.50 Canadian on a 6762 Fort Legoredo. I know this is comparably cheaper than buying from Shop@Home, but does anyone know if a better price exists. I don’t really wanna take my chances and wait till T‘R’Us (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: A New Project

"Matt Griswold" <matt@citicom.com> wrote in message news:GtDqA1.6JG@lugnet.com... (...) LOVE). We couldn't figure out what part of the machine we were looking at, at the end (obviuosly the extrusion head, but I mean... you couldn't see the gantry (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

(...) machines. (...) The video is cool, except to run that plane would take at least 15-20 hours.... (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

The video on that page is really cool. I bet Lego has a few of these machines. Wish we had one. Derek (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A New Project

(...) only (...) The (...) SLA and SLS are creepy, but FDM is fun.... (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Anybody there??

(...) Well, Dan wants to clean that up too, and that's fine by me. He's asked us not to do it, I'm sure he'll ask other groups not to do it. I suppose we could go and tell other groups not to do it, but then, we'd be doing "Community Policing" (tm) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: This place was dead because... (Was Re: lego Insurance)

(...) I didn't want to be to obvious but YES, this is true. (shakes head) Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: lego Insurance

(...) Funny you should mention this. The one thing BOTH company's said was that under ANY option; and loss while outside the home is not covered. SO, if you bring your multi hundred dollar robot to the games and it walks away home insurance will not (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Video?

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GtB9ww.Fwt@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah, it's still on MiniDV though. I started editing it like a week or two after I got back. I got about a minute and a half done and realized I had just (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Anybody there??

(...) I just want to slightly comment on the issue of people whining about the dinner event news... I don't really see the logic here...maybe if there were pictures of the meeting, then people wouldn't be so antagonistic about the whole issue. Other (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact