 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4060
Re: Anybody there??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:16:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
I'd guess this will be decided at or by the next dinner.  Which would
probably be April 12th, 2002.
Did I miss the March dinner? I thought they were always on the third
friday of the month, except when there is an impending show?

Were there any announcements for it?

There wasn't a March dinner.  This was because so many people came out to
the Soccer Trial and it was on the second Friday of March anyways, that we
just ordered pizza and hung out.

Next dinner, which is is on the second Friday (usually) of each month, is
April 12th.

I usually place announcements on the webpage and in this NG.  I used to post
to announce but we've been asked not to post dinner announcements in
announce or events.  Moral of the story:  If it's not on the EventsLego
webpage (http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego) then it's not happening.
All official events are on this webpage.  It is the ref.

Calum

I just want to slightly comment on the issue of people whining about the
dinner event news... I don't really see the logic here...maybe if there were
pictures of the meeting, then people wouldn't be so antagonistic about the
whole issue.

Other groups/clubs post pictures of their meetings, some of them even post
to announce/events/etc.

I think when we see the new upgrade to Lugnet (Lugnet Version II) a la
Suz, we will see what gets changed and not.  There was a brief note when
Suz talked about the ideas of the "face-lift" putting more events-oriented
stuff on the home page.  But then some of the community members might get
upset if all the toronto dinner dates were posted... :)

Personally, if this was a problem, I might suggest having a couple of
"local" volunteers curating our newsgroup, so that it can high-light
certain stuff, that might not make it to Peachy-Server....

I know that some of the members in the local group are extremely busy at
work....Dave, Chris, Calum, Jeff E, and Jeff VW, Iain, Derek, Bruce,
Matthias, and several others.  There are a few at school, Rob, Richard, and
I, and a few others, so that might be a finding someone with A LOT of time.

Though, I think the other criteria would be someone that is in the "inner
circle" and a lugnet membership might also be important.  Good candidate...
possibly Bruce. :)  [He's got a membership, and part of the inner circle,
but probably has no time for that!!...plus, the bulk of the highlights
in the newsgroup mainpage would contain a lot of pro-robot/rcx bias] :(

Anyways.....

Ben