 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4031
Re: Anybody there??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Phil Schilling writes:
Hi everybody, or should I say anybody?

It's been over 30 hours since anybody posted anything here.
Has the rtl decided what the next competition is and everybody is feverishly
building on there new robots?

Hi Phil,

I've been working out of Belleville, Ontario, temporarily, so I haven't
really been able to post anything of note.  I do have a batch of photos from
rtl10.1 ready to be uploaded once I get home tonight.

What we're expecting for the next while for rtlToronto is two events.  In
early May, a live control soccer event that's relatively casual and simple.
This was tested at the 10.1 trial a few weeks ago and people seemed
enthusiastic about it.

In early June/July, we expect to do rtl11, the normal hardcore autonomous
robotics event.  At the dinner people seemed to be agreeing on a capture the
flag game that spanned two tables.  The flag is on the other table, and you
have to get across and lift it from the ground.  That's not say this could
change.  In fact, I've posted several possibilities for alternate games.
I'd guess this will be decided at or by the next dinner.  Which would
probably be April 12th, 2002.

Calum