 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4126
Re: Average Train Length?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 04:30:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
Okay, how do you restrain the trains when it whirls over the top? Suspend
the tracks? How to keep them level when it rotates? What if they swing? That
might look pretty hass. Like a big feris wheel. But I dunno. Maybe that
would be a lot easier. Definately 1 RCX.

I was sort of kidding there.  The idea a heavy bomber could drop Metroliners
out of the sky to happy children everywhere sort of made my day.

The problem is I have NO ZNAP. I don't like borrowing LEGO, I feel very
guilty and self consicous about that. Says he with 1 Chris Magno rotation
sensor and pneumatic cylinder and hose and tank.

The difference between ZNAP and Lego is that no one can feel bad about
borrowing ZNAP.  This is the stuff that Chris gave me seven packages of.
Don't worry about borrowing ZNAP.  I know what you mean about borrowing
Lego, but this stuff...

out of ZNAP, its perfect", but really, it's not. How to put the track on the
frame? There are so many hidden issues. It's the hidden issues that I come
to after thinking up a concept that make me completly lose interest in
completing it. And thus, why I fail.

I've worked a few of the issues out before while building a bridge.  I
mounted up the track using 2x2 with the pin coming out.  I have a number of
those and it seems to work.  You don't have to mount both sides.

Width might be an issue-I remember ZNAP didn't match six wide well.

prowess to make it smooth. Thus, crap is produced.

I thought the Tijs model was pretty cool, I wouldn't call it crap at all.
It was very different and therefore novel.

Calum