 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4098
Re: Second game for rtlToronto11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Phil Schilling writes:
Are people still for a second game (simple game, drag racers, whatever) for
rtl11?
I'm interested.
I think Drag Racing is a cool idea.

I propose these rules:

-20ft strip (straight)
-6-8" finish distance 1/2" wide line (No cliffs or walls)
-2" wide reflective finish line
-If any part of your racer crosses the finish distance line you ar
disqualified from that round.

Being an ex racer I would be interested in organizing running and providing
prizes for the Drag Racing if you like.

Well, in general that sounds pretty good.  I'm going to put the idea out at
dinner next week and see how many people beyond you and Iain would be into
drag racing versus CTF (or both).  If it's a lot, let's turn these rules
into a webpage and get it going.

If you'd like to handle the actual organization (ie, fending off questions
as an ongoing thing leading up to July) and actual operation (ie, handling
people, execution, scoring) on the day of, cool.

As for prizes, rtlToronto prizes have always been donated and relatively
inconsequential.  This is largely so that a) it remains friendly and b)
keeps people from getting all persnickety on rules.

Calum