 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4115
4114  |  4116
Subject:
[rtlToronto] Photos from rtlToronto10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:06:54 GMT

Hi folks,

Have you ever sat in a room with nothing to do for several hours?  I did
today.  And during that day, I decided to finish up commenting and selecting
the rtlToronto10 photos:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-022302-index.html

Enjoy.

rtlToronto10 was a distinct departure from previous rtlToronto events where
the game was relatively simple and constrained to a design problem where a
single RIS package would be adequate. In contrast, rtlToronto10 would
require significant complexity in hardware and software, with absolutely no
holds barred for the number of RCX (or uScout/Scout) processor bricks, entry
size, and use of AC power. Not at all considered a beginner's event, this
contest was intended as an expert challenge designed to build hardcore
designs that would use phrases like "AntiX-Times" and "EOAT" (End of Arm
Tool, a robotics industry term).

The game, originally called Hey Mister! but later renamed Project X, was
simple in concept but hellishly difficult in execution: Take eight blocks
and randomly put them in a grid of sixteen. Build a robot that can remap
them into a X shaped pattern in the shortest possible time. A task so simple
that a baby could do, yet would drive rtlToronto competitors to the hard
limit of Lego technology.

Calum
PS-I'm sure there are bad links, and probably other galleries out there.
Please mail me, I'll add/fix them.