 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4088
Re: Video?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:41:47 GMT

"Matthias Jetleb" <Jetleb@Netcom.ca> wrote in message

To take this subject slightly off topic... which editing package do
you use?

Matthias Jetleb
(who's only just starting to actually use the DV in DV)

I use Adobe Premiere 6. I originally was forced to use 5, until I bought a
IEEE 1394/FireWire card. Before that, I was capturing the footage via the
composite cables into an ATI All-In-Wonder. I couldn't get the FireWire
board to work with 5, and it is my experience that 6 can *only* work with
FireWire. Or at least I couldn't get it to "see" my old capture board.
::shrug::

When I switch to Mac OS in the next few years I'll probably save up and buy
Final Cut Pro. I'll have the chance this summer (I hope) to try it out with
someone who is very intelligible with both Macintosh and FCP, and that may
seal the lid on me buying a G4 Powerbook.

::drool at slot load::

http://www.coasters2k.com/downloads/ <-- Basically this covers half of the
stuff I've done, other half is transit stuff or stuff for work.

    Iain