 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4133
4132  |  4134
Subject:
good Winners stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:23:34 GMT

I have been to Winners just twice, and I think I might hit them again in
the next day or so.  I bought a couple of Fright Night sets (4.99 CDN knight
& dragon sets), as well as a Timmy set (the small vehicle)...
seen the arctic sets for $36, a classic undersea "town set" for $26, and
starwars Ep. 1 sets (couple of them for $8.00 - these were the "combo sets"
that had the droid fighter and the swamp set).
A couple more items might find their way into my Brickbay shop, which
is up to 8 items, all MISB sets that I mostly got on clearance.  With that,
I am on par with most of everyone else, or below.

I also got a Hagrid's Hut, which I couldn't stand to pass up at Walmart.
There are still several Championship Challenge sets (at least here
in my home town), and they had the Hagrid's Huts for $35 CDN.  Not steep
clearance, but definitely much better than paying $30 US.  All the Hogwarts
sets were sold out at the moment, but what was really surprising was that
the Hogwarts Express at over $75 CDN.  This is only like $25 CDN less than
the Hogwarts set.  Definite savings on the castle, but unknown if Walmart will
stock them again...maybe in the spring stocking, but that isn't guaranteed,
even at "full retail", there were only a couple of Hogwarts Express sets.

I didn't see anything else, deals or other surprising things there....
preparing for the next phase in my castle building....the 2nd floor.  Will
take a week or so break before working on it.

Thanks,

Ben