 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4140
Re: Winners(tm) review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 13:09:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

The new Winners store opened today at College & Yonge.  My stomping
grounds.  Their Lego stock today was 3 units of 4817 and 2 units of
4819, as well as four assorted roboriders sets.

Since I don't have 4819 and I like the other one (These are the Castle /
Bulls shiny-accessory sets - the shield and the breastplate), I was
happy to liberate 2 of each.

At $3.99, they were very well-priced.

I'll keep scouting and let you folks know if anything exciting shows up.

Jeff E

Ohhhh Yeah!!!!!  VERY Cool....I've only just "discovered" Winners.  I've
been there 3 times now.  I went twice this week.  The first time I purchase
what I had posted earlier - 2 dragon/"night lord" sets (fright knights) and
a one Timmy set (Rocket Racer).

I went back, and the remaining 2 "night lord" sets were gone, but was able
to buy two more Rocket Racer, so I might be able to soon assembling a
"Timmy" Army...  ;-) (very wicked grin)  ...and a shark cave cove, that
was priced to sell... :)  ...there were at least 3 in the store when I went
in the first time, and when I went back there was only one, so I liberated
it from the store (after paying for it).  There were also some $2.50
Xtreme "plane" sets, which had one "microfig scale tires"  I got some
just for the coolness factor....of the 19 pieces all of them I would
consider somewhat usefull.  It had 3 plane "rudders", one small one and
two large ones.

If I were to leave the planes in tack, one idea floating around was a
"kiddie" amusement ride with rotating airplanes, either that or a couple
of those "mall rides" in the city.  Or might use them for parts....
hmmm...(set name stunt flyer, 1070)

I will wait a couple weeks before going there again...after all, I have to
let the kiddies have a chance in buying some Lego also.  :)
I might decide to buy an arctic set (the large one) for $36.  But that would
go directly to my bricklink shop.

Benjamin Medinets