 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4100
Re: A New Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 05:52:03 GMT

SLA and SLS are creepy, but FDM is fun....

http://www.stratasys.com/

Oooooo, that video was fantastic (watched it at Calum's since DIALUP !=
LOVE). We couldn't figure out what part of the machine we were looking at,
at the end (obviuosly the extrusion head, but I mean... you couldn't see • the
gantry etc...).

The gantry is fairly simple, it runs on pins and is moved by screws...But it
does not move up and down, the table does....Basically the head squirts it's
path of ABS with one nozzle and then it switches to the other nozzle (if
needed) and squirts a support path (you can see this in the video, it
supports the wings of the plane, and you clean it off later)....then the
table moves down .010" and it squirts a layer of support and then switches
back to ABS and does that layer, table moves down, etc,etc...