 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4026
Re: A New Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
Forget the Duck Assembly Carousel. What if I could actually make a machine,
that could build the actual DUCK?!

http://www.kiracorp.co.jp/EG/pro/rp/RP_process.html

That's pretty cool.  I would have never used paper profiles.

What you need is a stereolithography machine for rapid prototyping using
resin that's cured with a laser.  Or the cornstarch one.  That's nifty.  The
laser actually traces out the profile of each layer which hardens in a pool
of liquid material.

http://www.stereolithography.com/

rtlToronto26: Show Me The Rapid Prototyping System!

The goal of this contest is to build an autonomous robot that assembles an
accurate 3D volumetric model of Chris Magno's head wins.

Rules:

-You can use any material for the source material, including resin, yarn, or
pieces of toast.

-You are only allowed one RCX8.0 processing unit.  No outboard processing is
available beyond the RCX8.0's 4.0 Ghz IA64 Mobile CPU.

I could see Chris posting Anti-Chris times within a few weeks (the inverse
of his head, the maximum amount of material required to assemble) soon after
this post.

Calum