 Castle / 400 (+100)
  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

I missed reading about a Castle Datsville idea being shot down. I would like a Castle Datsville. I think it would be cool if we could all build little structures in the old standard way (little modular sections of castle walls) and plug them all (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) That does sound like it could be a lot of fun - especially if you took "snapshots" at different times... I think I posted an idea like this a while back (rummage rummage rummage) Ah hah! "I had in mind no real style requirements - I think it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) I don't think it got shot down so much as just lost steam because no one could commit organizing it (like John VanZweiten is doing for Datsville) and no one volunteered webspace. (...) That would be way cool too! (...) Me too. :/ James (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whatever happened to castle Datville?

I can do the accual assembly of this if someone else can provide the webspace and the fact computers to render it. I also need someone with some pov-ray experiance to run l3p, figure out camera values, add backgrounds and stuff like that. -- (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Not going to happen any time soon. I'm too attached to designing in Coreldraw where I can easily dup and recolor, group and duplicate, and resize. Its not a problem of teaching an old dog new tricks. Its a problem of time constraints (I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whatever happened to castle Datville?

(...) Just to elaborate on what i can do basicly i can make the mpd file/zip of the dat files and send it to someone who can pov-ray it and put it on the web. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Bucket Ideas (Re: Parts Pack Survey)

(...) I would want at least: grey bricks 1 x n (including all the way up to 1 x 16 grey bricks 2 x 2 corner grey facet/diagonal bricks 3 x 3 and 5 x 5 turret top type pieces (corner and half pieces) castle walls in grey including all patterns (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) I don't have time to organize it, but I have tons of webspace. I can host it pretty easily. (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  I'm new to castle collecting.

Hi all, i just started to collect the castle lego systems. I really like these, but i dont care for the ninja series. I like the knights alot better. Only problem is i cant find any in the stores. Does anybody know where i can find some sets? (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

(...) You could be lucky and find a 6090 floating around somewhere. do not purchase fright knights because the sets stink (IMHO). -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

(...) Well, if you live in the US, you can try Lego Shop at Home-- they might still have some of the Fright Knights available (I know they still had Royal Knight's Castle (6090) the last time I called)... But otherwise, Fright Knights has been (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

(...) Actually, although the main models for the Fright Knights sets are rather ugly (I think), they do still have a lot of useful pieces-- like the dark grey castle walls & corners, the rounded windows with lattice (I love these, I really need (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Actually, yes! I think that'd be very cool-- I think either/both ideas sound really cool! I just wish I could participate in them NOW! I'm probably won't start LDrawing/MLCADing/etc.ing until January, though, when I get a newer, cooler (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval towns (was Re: Wild West ?!)

(...) Oh yes yes, cobblestones or unpaved roads with curves and intersections just like the townie ones... perhaps even on 16x32 or 16x16 plates, since the streets were so narrow then. Maybe a marketplace, or a public hanging; streets of certain (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

(...) I just got off the phone with S@H and they do have the 6090 Royal Knights Castle in stock for $109. Last time I got one from S@H it was a European edition and it had some pretty wild catalogs in it. I also agree that for the most part that the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

Thanks for the responses guys, letting you know i found another addition to my set. Went into my local store looking for any castle sets (you know the ones im having trouble finding). As usual didnt see anything except for that darn ninja series. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

Thanks for the responses guys, letting you know i found another addition to my set. Went into my local store looking for any castle sets (you know the ones im having trouble finding). As usual didnt see anything except for that darn ninja series. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Jesse Lebrun (<FKrotu.327@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:27:30 (...) I think so. Particularly if you're after more Royal men at arms. (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

DaveE, Please do not rub it in to all of us who do not have the Guarded Inn (or Black Falcon Fortress for that matter)it is painful to read that you have three... Have a little sympathy man for gosh sakes we are in pain out here don (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm new to castle collecting.

(...) I'd almost pay $15 for 6044 right now just because I'd like some more RK figs. I've seen them go for 3x that or more on eBay. I'd go back and buy them if I were you - maybe sell one on eBay to pay for the other two. (...) Yes, it is to much to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Well, I WISH I had 3 Guarded Inns! That'd be way too cool! I'm actually waiting to get my first (and probably only) one that I just bought in an auction recently... And the only reason I have 3 Black Falcon's Fortresses was because both my (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) be! (...) Yes, it is nice. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

Wish me some! Gray bricks no one wanted in quanity! Now thats a dream id I have ever heard one! What would you do with three inns sell em or just look at them? (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) Hrmmm... I'm thinking someone might have something I'd consider as a trade for my Metroliner... ;) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

(...) I'd make a larger version, emphasizing the red tudor walls. (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi, (...) Hmm, I've got webspace, too and I would like to try the POV-Ray thing. With some things (like backgrounds), maybe John can give me some hints. I would use the following handling, if it's ok (and datsville-castle will really start): - (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Works for me. I'll probably put it on one of two accounts, possibly the one where I have the L-CAD parts update mirrors - it has a couple hundred megs. If I need more I can always put it on one of my Linux boxes - they each have several gigs (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Is Castle Series going to return in 2000????

Does anyone know if they will revive the Knights castle system again? If so is there any pictures of the new stuff yet? LMK if any of ya know anything :) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) much (...) Excellent! It looks like we might actually be getting off the ground here... All we need now is a concensus as to what we're actually modeling. My preference is either: a: the 'roving dat file' approach that Mookie (I think) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Where do you find "blueprints" for your older sets?

Hi again, i was just wondering if anyone knows where you can find "blueprints" or "instructions" for older sets. Is there a site that has these? LMK if there is. THANKS (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi, (...) (ala (...) I would prefer (b), because of the relativly simple handling. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where do you find "blueprints" for your older sets?

Hi, Jesse Lebrun <jlebrun208@aol.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: FKtMtr.Brn@lugnet.com... (...) "blueprints" (...) there (...) take a look at: (URL) Joachim. (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) holding up the works for whaever reason. A few rules that I insist on if I do the mpd: 1.no use of parts that do not exist/have never existed in colors you have used them in (in case someone ever tries to build the model or any of the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

despite the cheesy Belville theme, there are some interesting elements in 5808, the fairytale castle. regards lawrence (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) Such as? Which parts would be usefull for us regular castle builders? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Regarding the unifficial parts can people who have them please send them to me? I am going to make a package containing all the unofficial castle parts I have and any I get sent so that everybody is using the same version (if there is more (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) well it might depend on what sort of castle your are building, but if it was a chateau style as opposed to a middle ages grey, defensive fortress style, then I could see using some of the elements like the pillars, the green base for a formal (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) the accessories are the greatest for castle fans! i've used the princess crowns on mini-figs, as well as the great selection of multi-coloured trans wands. the apples and carrots and other food items mean my castle inhabitants won't starve, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) That you insist on? How about we all AGREE to some rules? After all, this isn't just YOUR project, right? (...) I don't think this is valid at all. One good thing that could come out of this is showing off just what we _could_ do if we could (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Sorry for being rude. I should have said that they are suggestions. (...) o.k. then forget that one then. (...) i am not entirly sure why i put the comments in... (...) nope. I am not. I am just going to make a gatehouse, that's all. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  In need of RK and Crusaders

Hey, I'm looking for some old Crusaders figures and some Royal Knights figures. I am planning on making a very large castle and I need enough troops to put in it. DOes anyone know where I can get these figs? How much is the average price they sell (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Books

I picked up a limp-backed book at a second-hand stall last weekend. The Robber Baron - the first in a ? series called Castle Kids, published by LEGO It has a great model castle as the locale for the story. Does anyone know of others in the series ? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi Jonathan, (...) avalable Why not simply put them into the MPD, too. So you get them in all cases. (...) OK, I will take a look at some clouds and hills for POV, in the meantime. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

What are MPDs? I've build a peasent hut in LeoCad. Exactally what do I do with it to get into CastleDatville? (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) What I meant is that when you post your model to lugnet, make sure that the unofficial parts are included in the MPD or whatever. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) <soapbox> Mike, shame on you... First of all, Thad only wrote that the new sets looked "very skimpy" compared to the Ninja sets...that just means smaller or less substantive, it doesn't necessarily mean that Thad likes Ninja sets better than (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) OK, he also wrote that he was hoping for another year of Ninja, but maybe that was because he either liked Ninja (which I would argue is "OK" :-) or because he felt that recent themes like Fright Knights, Dark Forest, and Royal Knights had (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) what was wrong with Royal Knights? KL (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) This is what I responded to. It appears that this person refers Ninja to more traditional Castle subthemes. I still maintain the Ninja subtheme sucks. I don't see how anyone could prefer it to real Castle stuff. (...) Maybe. (...) I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Ok, so you see I wasn't necessarily (or at all, in fact) responding to the alleged "skimpiness" of the new sets. Cool. Give me basic gray bricks, castle walls, and pitchforks and I'll be happy. I'd agree with anyone who felt that FK, DF, and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Not alot, really. It was the current theme when I came out of my Dark Ages, and I think it's the best of the last 4 subthemes. That doesn't mean it was as good as some of the earlier subthemes, but it was good. (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I didn't even say that it was a pale imitation of glory-year sets. I said Thad -might- have felt that it was. Just speculation. Me, I'm a Space head, and I hate all Castle stuff anyway, except for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Well, see, that's your opinion, and that's fine. But when other opinions differ, that doesn't make someone a doofus, right? Whenever I find myself going "oh gawd" about anyone who's excited by UFO, Exploriens, or Insectoids, I remind myself (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) It would appear that way, at least partially. He may also be comparing it only to the mid- to late-90's Castle sets and not to the glory days mid-80's sets...? (...) I don't see how anyone could prefer Pepsi to Coke. I don't see how anyone (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Sometimes it does, yes. Especially from one perspective or another. (...) Sounds like you're trying to get around to saying that not only do you acknowledge everyone has a "right" to an opinion, but that everyone has a "right" to have that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Um? If you are in your 20's, then you are likely to have been around during the best time of LEGO right at the peak of your childhood too :) I Have a yellow castle that was new to me as a kid :) and I'm 22 (for another week!). If you are say (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

All I want is pics of the new sets! That would make me happy. :-) Just to see whats useful for parts as for sets, I dont think A Empire can ever reclaim the glory they once held. I fear the glory days of lego are over...... But the good news is they (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

(...) What a night to be sitting in a hotel room with a 14,400 connection!!! Argh! Anyway looks like the Falcon is just about as bad as we thought although the cockpit looks a bit better than previously thought and it is still good for pieces. Still (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Well seen the Castle on locks server!

First of all thanks for the photo Kevin! :-) Second the sets stick just like I thought..... But there is a new prefab piece for brefab castle builders and the new helmet is in small sets too. More horse bardards and plenty of brown wheels and more (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) ^^^...^^^ RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! Mike's on the loose!!!!! (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

(...) Cool! There is a bit of juniorization in the 2000 castle sets, but overall I am very pleased. I love the large blue roof pieces and the new shields. The best part for me, though, is the princess minifig in the big castle set, 6091. I only wish (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) castle (...) Let me try again, why is Fright Knights "real" castle and Ninja not? Whether they both collectively suck or not is beside the point. Bruce (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  2000 Castle Weapons, Helmets and set comments...

OK, first off the pics are at (URL) if you havn't seen them. Now to the topic at hand... Some things I havn't seen in new sets for a while! Those new hemets (I've seen them before in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, they're pikeman helmets) are (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Because FK are firmly rooted in what I see when I fantasize about Castle stuff, both in style of construction and "historical" period. And Ninja is not. Wrong place, wrong time. Same reason Wild West aren't Pirates imo, and as obvious to me. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) here, (...) Sorry Mike, I meant no offence. :-) Just saying they way they made it sound that all. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

(...) No, unfortunatly its a soldier. :( (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

(...) 6091.I only wish she was available in more (and cheaper) sets. Hey, is that her locked up in the wagon thing from 6096? I hope so!< I hope so too! I hope TLG is still listening because these are my first impressions: 1. Overall, I am beginning (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Why no STEP commands? Sensibly laid out STEP commands can make a submodel much more easy to understand by a person looking at it. And I can't see why including the STEP commands is a hassle for anyone using the DAT files. Fredrik (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

I love it!!! At least 2 more SW sets have 2x2 gray corners!!! I think I wont have to worry about time! :) This is great for gray bricks this year and the next. wow and the green guy has dark gray hands! even better! I hope more comes out? Lord Doyle (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Hey...Ninja brought me out of my Dark Ages. It's got some great sets, it's better looking (and better value) than Fright Knights...heck, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's better than FK, RK, Dragon Masters, and possibly even Dark (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  took another look at the 2000 catalog...

I looked at the NEW Castles last night before bed - and was so happy to see that TLG is getting back on track! I just looked over the whole catalog, and I have some questions and thoughts. No one else has mentioned the Race theme mentioned on page (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

I too had hoped she'd be in a cheaper set so I could get a bunch of her :( Only thing I'm not happy with... they're still using those awful Iguana helmets :( and putting islander bones in them :( THOUGH... the 6009 visor helmet is back!!! I noticed (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  New Castle? Huzzah!

So I've gone and looked (as I'm sur eall of you have) at the new catalog scans on brickshelf. What can I say? It looks like Castle is on the upswing after FK. (In deference to Mike, I'm not including Ninja as part of Castle. 8) ) Of course my final (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

Mookie wrote in message <38281C5D.4FB56EFF@w...tt.net>... (...) Agreed. (...) Same here, and the glass is cool, and in three sets! (...) Thats what I wondered when 4805 came out. Thinking about this a few minutes ago, I decided the 6000 series is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

Any WWF fans out there? Is it just me, or do these new bad guys emblem remind you of the People's Champions Brahma Bull? Very cool... (...) Saving pennies??? Time to start parting out sets, and selling pieces I don't need. Need to build funds, and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: took another look at the 2000 catalog...

(...) If you are talking about the part I think you are talking about then it is simply brown versions of the y-wing engine piece 4 x 4 roubd bricks. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

does this mean that KL will start accepting 1997 set instructions soon? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) <snip> (...) I never understood why Ninja was a Castle subtheme...to me the two series are unrelated and just because the sets represent the same era, they took place in different parts of the world and I don't see any thematic connection (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

(...) Its the same dual hill baseplate which premiered in 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins. It looks like they made good use of it. (...) Those lion lintels look like they might be cream colored. Those towers are in the same 16x16 modular tower vein used (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle 2000 comments/ Name and Price guesses

Here's my guess for names and prices as well as a few comments; 4806 Rolling Thunder 6.00 6026 King's Guard 6.00 6032 Raging Bull Catapult 12.00 6091 Lion's Breath Manor 80.00 6094 The Lion's Head Lockup 15.00 6095 The King's Practiceground 25.00 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Wild west has nothing to do with sailing ships or pirates, nor does Lego claim that it is part of the Pirates line. If you are going to attempt a parallel, try Islanders, which was officially part of the Pirate line. Ninja has castles, swords, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Whether (...) Never mind US we're just Anglo Saxon, or European, or Celtic Barbarian's! If things aren't our way..... We make them OUR way! So take no offence when we think OUR way is always right! hehe :) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Hey, hey! Who the heck is claiming Celts are barbarians? :-) Bruce (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  retrocastle

With the gray steep slope and steep slope corners in the 7184 MTT, you can build a "Retrocastle", a gray version of the yellow castle! KL (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  I feel like a junkie!

Well, I know where my money is going next year. Some thoughts: 7184 (MTT): 2 (maybe 4?) extreme corner slopes in dk grey! WAHOO! Also, several normal extreme slopes in dk grey, and all that brown. IF my eyes don't deceive me, those are 2x2x2 slopes (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: retrocastle

(...) Are those grey??? The picture looks dark grey - not that I'm complaining, either way, mind you... ;) James (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: took another look at the 2000 catalog...

(...) The piece in this set: (URL) ... ? If so, then go get your hands on it right now;) -- pn (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) As far as Castle vs. Ninja, it's debateable as to whether or not Ninja belongs in the same sub-theme. As far as being eastern/western, I think I'd agree for the most part except for the one key difference of having guns. That seems to put the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Did anyone else notice...?

Aren't the new castle wall sections a Bellvile piece, but in gray? Aren't they a little taller than the standard wall piece... like 6-8 tall vs. 5 tall classic wall piece? On the 6091, are those lion head bricks on both sides of the front arches in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  The Chicago Bulls Shields

Looks like it to me. Will there be Jordan and Pippin minfigs? (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did anyone else notice...?

(...) If you mean the tower elements from 5808 (which is Scala, not Belville) shown here: (URL) then no, they aren't. The Scala piece is much larger - something like 6x6x12 (probably wrong - I haven't actually measured it), whereas the new castle (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Chicago Bulls Shields

(...) Actuallly, it reminds of an old friend in the SCA, Duke Martin the Temperate, KSCA, &c. His major charge was a bull's head erased in -quite- similar colurs. One wonders....... Cheers, Roger (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Well, they both represent Fuedal periods in their respective cultures, and I assume that is why they are "Castle" sets. When you said "era", did you mean that they were both fuedal, or that they existed at the same time? If the latter, you're (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) to (...) be (...) in (...) no (...) I have to stand by my earlier statement: you may not like, it may not be compatible with euro-castles, but Castles it is, nevertheless. My son doesn't particularly care about compatiblity, in any case (the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I feel like a junkie!

(...) Just from looking at the scans I'd say I will get at least one of everything except maybe the MF, the MF is EXPENSIVE. I'm more likely to get a higher quanity of the 7155 (ATT) just because it looks cool and has a TON of tan, so a couple to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) the Adventurers at the moment - he just saw (THE) latest resurrection of The Mummy). (...) My brain is faster than my fingers, which seem to skip words on their own to keep up. :-( Bruce (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did anyone else notice...?

(...) <snip> (...) Hmm, I missed those before, they definitely look tan and appear to be in 6094 and 6095 in addition to the 6091. Mike (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did anyone else notice...?

(...) No, it is Belville. TLG calls it Belville, and the 'figs are Belville Figs. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did anyone else notice...?

(...) Whups! You're right. The page before is Scala, though, and that's what I used as a reference. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! It's a moot point for me, really, since neither Belville nor Scala are available in Canada. James (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact