 Castle / 406
Re: Castle Bucket Ideas (Re: Parts Pack Survey)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 00:13:40 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Timothy D. Freshly writes:
Building on this thread from lugnet.general, if TLG was to come out with a
Castle themed bucket, what would we like to see in it?

The Dacta castle set almost sounds similar-- it's got light grey castle wall
sections (the only available source, I think!) some basic bricks, basic
weapons, brown doors, etc... It's pretty expensive, but can be well worth it
depending on what you're looking for...

Here are a few
things I would like to see:

(1)  Arches, arches, and more arches in gray, white, black, and dark gray
(2)  Brown castle doors in all sizes (including hinge pieces in gray, white,
black, and dark gray)
(3)  Arched Castle windows in red, gray, and white (with Black lattice)
(4)  "Regular" four wide window with lattice panes - various colors of
frames and lattices
(5)  Castle wall sections (all styles) in gray, white, black and dark gray
(6)  Roof bricks in gray, black, and dark gray - both 45 and 30 deg.
(7)  45 degree Inverse bricks (one and two studs wide) in gray, white,
black, and dark gray - including corner inverse bricks
(8)  Gray bricks (primarily one stud wide)
(9)  Gray and black plates
(10)  miscellaneous mini-figs and weapons (pitchfork, sword, old style axe,
etc.)

What else?

Hmmm.... You got most of what *I'd* like-- If it's a castle BUCKET rather than
an accessory set, you'd need some other things like green plates/baseplates,
and maybe some roof slopes (black or red probably) and OH YES.. 1 thing I'd
like to add: RED & YELLOW TUDOR WALL SECTIONS... don't think it would be
*necessary* or anything, just something I'd LOVE to have more of..

DaveE

I would want at least:
grey bricks 1 x n (including all the way up to 1 x 16
grey bricks 2 x 2 corner
grey facet/diagonal bricks 3 x 3 and 5 x 5
turret top type pieces (corner and half pieces)
castle walls in grey including all patterns
castle wall corners in grey including patterns
large 6090 castle wall corners in grey
"jail cell" type doors dk grey with grey frames
large grey plates (2 x n,4 x n,6 x n)
grey and green "cutof" plates (6 x 6 with a corner missing)
grey and green small "cutof plates (3 x 3 and 3 x 6)
green 1 x n and 2 x n plates
some larger green plates
black slopes (including pryamid top pieces, outer corner pieces and inverted
slopes with inverted corners)
small red,yellow and black plates
red and yellow "tudor" walls with tudor corners in both red and yellow
and more. if this bucket was made then it would be possible to make warwick
castle!

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com