 Castle / 467
Re: 2000 Scans are Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:49:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rick Kurtzuba writes:

The best part for me, though, is the princess minifig in the big castle set,
6091.I only wish she was available in more (and cheaper) sets.  Hey, is that
her locked up in the wagon thing from 6096?  I hope so!<

I hope so too!  I hope TLG is still listening because these are my first
impressions:

1.  Overall, I am beginning to feel that we ARE INDEED being spied upon here
and in RTL.  Which is all to the good, they should merely implement more of
our requests.  If the current 2000 line is followed by a return of pirate, I
could never fault TLG for failing to try to please us.  The return of pirate
would go a loooooong way to improving public relations with TLG's adult fan
base.

2.  The return of the castle maiden in the traditional hat is a huge success,
no matter what they do from here.  I DO ALSO hope that they will remember they
way they have been handling other female minifigs of late -- Willa of Fright
Knights, Gail Storm of Adventurers, Padme of SW, and Jet of Rock Raiders.  I
must have over 30 Willas, 10 Gail Storms, 6 Padmes, and at least 15 of Jet.  I
am willing to buy BIG numbers of this castle maiden.  But I will not likely
buy more than one or two of the largest castle set pictured for 2000.  I hope
there will be other smaller Castle Maiden sets.  The female mini trend should
continue with castle 2000 as with the themes mentioned above.

3.  Accessory packs should also be available to fill out both mini count,
weapons, hats, etc.  AND, we are gonna need lots of those new helmets!!!

4.  The polar bear, dinosaurs, and the SW creatures all ROCK!

5.  More Orange, more purple, more dark grey!

6.  Royal Knights redone kinda sucks, I am not that happy with the horse
bardings or colors here...

7.  Bobba Fett looks cool to me, but the Han Solo and the frozen in bronze
looking thing kinda suck...

8.  Flash Speeder, Trade Federation AAT, and the other SW stuff looks pretty
cool to me -- although I know there are some moans and groans amongst the
hardcore SW fans amongst us.  THe Model Team sets are insanely cool, though --
they look enormous.  But, I am looking at these sets for pieces only, as a
builder and not a SW fan!  The small facial details needs to stop however...

9.  Trans meteorites!!! Cool...what the devil is inside them?

10.  Mongols to fight my ninjas?  Great idea!  Some people are going to be
very pleased to score more red horse helmets...and I DO very much like the
idea of that shooting battering ram they robbed from the the Cyber sets.  A
little fantasy never hurt anyone...and the demon-eyed bull is solid fun!  I
can see some crossing over to Wild West here...

11.  Is there a "Sword in the Stone" aspect to 6094?  What is cooler than that?

12.  White plates and Kenny!

13.  Speed Slammers and RoboRiders should please my Throwbot warrior Jax!

What can I say?  I am gonna buy one of each for sure!  Looks like a great year
has come at last, and again!  TLG harken to my words:  Do this more often!

-- Richard