 General / 10078
Re: Age range 16+ (was: Re: 2000 Scans are Online!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 05:42:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Simon Robinson" <simon@simonrobinson.com> writes:

What puzzles me though is *why* they are marked as from 16. They don't
look especially hard to build - certainly no more so than sets like
the technics space shutttle, which was sold as being for I think about
age 11.

My guess is that it has something to do with how they expect the set to be
used: this probably isn't the kind of model a young kid can 'whoosh' around
a lot with in the living room - it's pretty clear they're thinking this is
going to be carefully assembled and then set on a shelf.

The 16+ suggested age range is likely for the benefit of clueless (but
generous!) gift-givers or parents to help steer them toward something a
younger child will find more playable.

Scott