 General / 10120
Re: Age range 16+ (was: Re: 2000 Scans are Online!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:34:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes:
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:56:36 GMT, Steve Bliss
<blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

It seems obvious the display stands and placards are there to appeal to older
builders, to make it clear that these are display pieces, not play sets.  And
because the sets would probably collapse from their own weight if the stands
didn't hold them up.  I wonder if the models are removable from the stands?  It
looks like they must lock together somehow, or the ships would tip onto their
noses.  But if there's a stand-lock, there could be an unlock.

Well, theoretically, you could throw about four or five of those
2x4x6/8? weight bricks that came with some of the floatable boats to
act as a counterbalance in the base of that stand.  As for keeping the
thing actually on the stand, I guess you could so some technic beams
and pins to act as support rods.  Don't know how well that would work,
it should be interesting to see how these things stay on their stands.

Kya

Well I am 23, fell like I am much older! Working full-time at Meijers,
part-time at Mobile Medical Respose as an EMT and being a volenteer
firefighter, plus still going to school!

But I always make time to play with LEGOs!!!!!