 General / 10079
Re: What colors do bricks come in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 06:41:58 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote in message ...
Solid colors:
=============
Red
Blue
Yellow
White
Black
Light Gray
Dark Gray
Green
Brighter Green (as in SW speeder bikes and the 4293 classic value pack
- I think these are the same shade but I'm not certain and can't find
my speeder bikes to check)
Very light paradisa green
Brown
Tan
Teal (Rock Raiders, etc)
Orange
Slightly different orange (the crab in the Naboo Swamp)
Purple
Light Blue (as seen in Insectoids I think?)
Light paradisa pink
Dark paradisa pink
Chrome (like the new technic tires)
Reflective Gold (seen in new Ninja set and coins from pirates etc.)
Reflective Silver

Transparents:
==================
Clear
Smoky (New Star Wars windshields)
Blue Tinted (very subtle)
Trans-Red
Trans-Blue
Trans-Green
Trans-Yellow
Trans Day-Glow Yellow/Green
Trans Day-Glow Orange

One point I'm not sure of - is the McDonalds set purple the same
as the technics competition purple - otherwise there's an extra colour

I've seen at least 3 different variations on purple:

1) the bright purple as is used for highlight colors in some Technic sets
2) the light pastel purple, the only thing I have in this is some large
bricks from a Belville set (such as a 12x12 Quarter Round Brick, and a 4x12
Brick)
3) the deep purple such as the slope from the current McDonalds Happy Meal
set #5 (I also have one other brick in this color from a Belville set, a 4x6
Brick)

And on the Green theme, I've seen 3 different Greens:

1) the regular basic Green that we all know
2) a Lighter, brighter green that is used in some base plates (like those
from the Halloween buckets)
3) and the really light pastel green

Kim