 General / 10894
Re: What colors do bricks come in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:41:10 GMT

Jamie Obrien wrote in message ...
Ok, so what is the difference between the Spaceport baseplates (Light
Tan) and the regular Tan plates (Of SW fame)? They do seem very
distinctly different! I Think i have 3 different tan colours now!!!

Unfortunataley I just don't have any of the space port sets with baseplates.
I did just check the tan plate with the little missile launch pad from the
value pack and it's the same tan as a tan brick from the adventurers. I also
checked against a tan baseplate from 6444 (happen to finally have gotten
around to sorting down the 20 sets I got from KB Kids a while back) and it's
the same.

It's conceivable for baseplates to have a slightly different color. I'm not
sure that they are the exact same plastic. You may just be seeing some
production variation, or possibly exposure/aging (though one wouldn't think
a space port set would have had very much exposure). How much difference is
there between the tan baseplate and a tan plate from star wars? Check under
good lighting.

Frank

Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:14:45 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com>
wrotd:

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Hi, is this cream the same colour (A light Tan colour) that is used in
the Space Port sets?

Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au

Cream (Belville - think this is the colour Selcuk meant when he pointed • out a
lighter tan)

The cream color in Belville is yelowish, not the tan which is in the
adventurers sets (and lots of baseplates). I think the Space Port sets
have tan baseplates.