 General / 10895
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 23:24:37 GMT

Tom Boucher wrote:

"Nephilim" <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message
news:FLwpz7.M8v@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Aaron West writes:
Random comment - the Insectoid light and sound element reminds me of
the old Mattel Starbird toy from the early 80s.  Anyone remember that?
You'd tilt the starbird up, and a gravity switch of some kind would make
the whine of the engines get higher and higher.  Then you'd tilt the nose

I remember some form of sci-fi type ship that did that.  course in the early
80s I was about 10 so things are a bit foggy.  I know I didn't own one, but
a 'rich kid' friend had all the toys and there was one that you held up it
would increase engine noise etc..

I had the StarBird--the coolest part aside from the engine whine was the way the
ship came apart!  Play value, and how.  But do any of you remember the
"counterpart" to the ship--the black one named the "Intruder" or "Invader"?
Same concept, even the same prow, but a slightly different ship.  My best friend
had that one, but I can't remember it clearly.

As far as the L&S Element, I've got four of the things--and very little idea of
what to do with 'em.  I think they'll become underbody "main guns" for the
starborne equivalent of torpedo bombers (slow and torpid, but with a mean punch
against heavies).  Non-violent?  I'm afraid not, but I think an armed galaxy is
a polite galaxy.  ;)

best,

Lindsay