 General / 10908
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 06:10:49 GMT

Just because they are  in the 68** or 69** does not mean they have to be
space...  Are there not Unitron sets in the 17** ???

I'm not contending what the box says...  I'm saying in my opinion I've never
felt they belonged... just because Lego Say doesn't mean its right...

sort of like throwbots in technic...  I feel they cheapin the line of amazing
technic kits but lego choose because of part types to call it technic...
doesn't mean it was right!!!

Flying saucers vs. flying bugs...   I know which one sounds like space to me!!

by the way though:
Ninja is castle to me!!

may you always find the part you need and enough to fill the bill!!
Dan

In lugnet.general, Jeff Thompson writes:

In lugnet.general, Dan Bobrovsky writes:

I would have to agree that the Insectoids are truly (in my humble opinion) • NOT
A REAL SPACE THEME!!!

UFO although totally differently sculpted (I'm still a classical type of guy)
and not too much to mt liking....is still a true Space theme!!  (I didn't • much
like Robo Force either but they are Space to me)   just not insectoids   and
obviously not the Rock Raiders...  and I do not consider Space Port to be
space but a subset of Town...  mostly because it is current day and Earth
Based... (though cool!!)

as Forrest Gump would Say...
"That's all I have to say about that."

LEGO ships the insectoid sets in boxes marked "Space."  They're in
the right set number range to be a part of the Space line.  They consist
of little guys with helmets riding around in spaceships and ground
vehicles, just like all the other space sets.  How could they not
be "a real space theme?"

I'm particularly boggled by the fact that you consider UFO "real space"
but not Insectoid.  What's the difference?  I'm boggled.  This confuses
me much more than the "ninja not = castle" claim, and I disagree with
that claim, too.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"