 Dear LEGO / 556
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:12:46 GMT

8 Years is probably right:

EP1 = 1999 release
EP3 = 2005 release

They'll probably want to sell EP3 sets for at least a couple of years, so,
let's say through the end of 2006

1999 to 2006  = 8 years.   Maybe longer, could go through 2007 easily using
TLG's 2 years of production schema.  And, it could have actually started in
1998, when TLG and Lucas probably started negotiations.  So, it could
easily, in actuality, be a 10 year license.

Mike

Alex <legowiz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FM1HBz.I5M@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, Christian Gemuenden writes:
Very nice,

I just love this idea (being a truly space fan). Unfortunately they
discontinued the classic space line and the Star Wars license will run • more
than eight years

Eight years?
That CAN'T be right!  I'd say 6 years at the most.
Episode 2 is supposed to come out May 26, 2002 (tooo far away!) and EP3 • some
time in 2005...

5 years away!

not permitting TLC to launch any new Space Themes. Rock
Raiders and Star Wars are nice too, but I'd prefer a comeback of classic
space, new colours like the cool transparent purple you describe would be
cool though. Maybe even a monorail cruising through those wormhole, yeah.
Hm, now I start dreaming myself, I love Monorails...

Bye, Christian.

P.S.: I really hope a small part of TLC reads this newsgroup as there are
many great new theme ideas around.

The world is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

Aaron West <majisto@vol.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FLKwAE.BqB@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, David Simmons writes:
I like this color and all the different pieces it has been made in, • but
I'm
getting tired of it.  I've got enough 1x1 round plates, 2x2 round • radar
dishes, and super-long antenna in this color to choke a camel!  How • 'bout
bring back trans-red and trans-yellow someplace?

Dave

Hey Dave,
Do you think we could convince LEGO to make transparent (even glowing) • purple
pieces?  THAT would be different.  It would make a nice space theme • with
dark
grey and black parts.  Perhaps some kind of "wormhole" explorers • series...
Okay, now I am really making myself rabid.
Aaron