 Dear LEGO / 543
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:30:09 GMT

If theres any truth to this ('eight year license'), then it leaves the
doors wide open for the other guys (MBs, et al). Heck, it even leaves
the doors open for creative AFOLs. All we need are parts, designs &
distribution :)

Seriously, the SWs line had better be very very good to lock up part of
TLCs world for that many years.

Ray

Dan Bobrovsky wrote:

Your kidding me right?  no real space sets for 8 years?   I have to put up
with crappy star wars models for eight freakin years with Themes like Rock
Raiders as haphazard substitutes??  Please fill me in on what you know on this
subject and also where you heard it!!  My god...  its bad enough they ( in my
humble opinion) create a new element to fit a precise need (rather than be
creative with parts usage...) like in the old days...  but to honestly tell me
that there will not be a space theme again for 8 years...  I want to to know
who I should go chew out at LEGO...   I'm ticked!!!!

ARRRGHHH  I long for the 80's

Please let me know where you heard this!!

Thanks,
Dan

In lugnet.dear-lego, Christian Gemuenden writes:
Very nice,

I just love this idea (being a truly space fan). Unfortunately they
discontinued the classic space line and the Star Wars license will run more
than eight years not permitting TLC to launch any new Space Themes. Rock
Raiders and Star Wars are nice too, but I'd prefer a comeback of classic
space, new colours like the cool transparent purple you describe would be
cool though. Maybe even a monorail cruising through those wormhole, yeah.
Hm, now I start dreaming myself, I love Monorails...

Bye, Christian.

P.S.: I really hope a small part of TLC reads this newsgroup as there are
many great new theme ideas around.

The world is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

Aaron West <majisto@vol.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FLKwAE.BqB@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.dear-lego, David Simmons writes:
I like this color and all the different pieces it has been made in, but • I'm
getting tired of it.  I've got enough 1x1 round plates, 2x2 round radar
dishes, and super-long antenna in this color to choke a camel!  How 'bout
bring back trans-red and trans-yellow someplace?

Dave

Hey Dave,
Do you think we could convince LEGO to make transparent (even glowing) • purple
pieces?  THAT would be different.  It would make a nice space theme with • dark
grey and black parts.  Perhaps some kind of "wormhole" explorers series...
Okay, now I am really making myself rabid.
Aaron