 Space / 639
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nephilim wrote:

For my own part, I'd argue that, emotionally, by not relying
so much on the UFO saucer sections, these sets  are a shade
MORE "Space LEGO" than the UFO sets are.  Just like Mac
enthusiasts used to look at software and make opinions on how
"mac-like" the software was, I a gut instinct that tells me
that large pieces like the UFO hulls (and pirate ship hulls)
aren't quite as "LEGO" as, say, bricks and plates.  But both
of the alien lines are Space, technically.  Surely we're agreed
on that.  And they both share the same semantic space,
emotionally, as well, for me.

That's right, UFO wasn't Space, it was Town.  1950's, B-movie, sci-fi Town.

;)

Steve