 Dear LEGO / 546
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 06:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Ray Sanders writes:
If theres any truth to this ('eight year license'), then it leaves the
doors wide open for the other guys (MBs, et al). Heck, it even leaves
the doors open for creative AFOLs. All we need are parts, designs &
distribution :)

Seriously, the SWs line had better be very very good to lock up part of
TLCs world for that many years.

Ray

Just think - if they're locking it into Star Wars for 8 years, they've gotta
keep producing sets for that long. Just think of all the parts they'll have to
release to keep making those sets. They've already created slightly more usable
alien disc parts (MF). What if they release a Sandcrawler? Of course it'll be
squished like all the rest of the SW sets, but they've got to get the tank
tread someplace. I've not seen that kind of tread for a long time (last I saw
was in set 856 - I've got one but I want MORE! :) We've already got a plethora
of notched engine tubes, lots of funky grey and dark grey pieces, plenty of
orange... ooh the thought of 8 more years just turns my crank I gotta say -
just for the parts sources! :)

<donning a tomato-proof vest>
8 more years!
8 more years!