 Dear LEGO / 558
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:02:32 GMT

Hi Aron,

I know I answer again and it is very late meanwhile but the new 2000 sets
HAVE trans-purple!

http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/temp/belville.jpg

However I don't think it will glow in the dark.
It is hard to make out but I think 5826 has two new transpurple coloured
bricks in there. Well, this is not enough to build a space theme, but it is
a beginning. I will have to melt those pieces to create some cool canopies
:) :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron West <majisto@vol.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.dear-lego
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 3:59 AM
Subject: Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

In lugnet.dear-lego, David Simmons writes:
I like this color and all the different pieces it has been made in, but • I'm
getting tired of it.  I've got enough 1x1 round plates, 2x2 round radar
dishes, and super-long antenna in this color to choke a camel!  How 'bout
bring back trans-red and trans-yellow someplace?

Dave

Hey Dave,
Do you think we could convince LEGO to make transparent (even glowing) • purple
pieces?  THAT would be different.  It would make a nice space theme with • dark
grey and black parts.  Perhaps some kind of "wormhole" explorers series...
Okay, now I am really making myself rabid.
Aaron