 General / 10906
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 05:45:50 GMT

Aaron West wrote:

I am building the heavies.  Mine has four 360 range L&S cannons and various
other weapons.  The Launch Command L&S Element (4 so far) serves as drive
engines for the beast.  Mostly I am working on the super-structure, interior
and vehicle bays.  Got no pictures now and I am being derailed by(buy) Castle
projects and fatherhood.  My crew and spacemarines (aqua-dudes
w/modifications) are assembled and awaiting orders...
Need...more...bricks...Gahgh!

I don't have anything with that kind of armament, but the "concept ship" Marathon
still had a nice bit of punch.  (four spots with 360-degree coverage?  without
shooting the ship they're on?  I'd like to see that, it must be some layout!)  I
have some pictures, at:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/marathon.html

The big bummer is that (again) they're black and white images; but the trans is
all fluoro-green (with a tiny bit of yellow) and the hull is all black, white,
and grey.  It had a nice vehicle bay and a working ramp.  I outfitted it with
sixteen crew and six marines; amazingly, they had enough space to sleep in three
shifts, and eat in three shifts.  However there was only one toilet, one shower,
and one sick-bay bed...but three bridges (science, tactical, and main, the last
being a nice transparent square at the front).

So bring those marines on!  ;)

best

LFB