 General / 10171
Re: What colors do bricks come in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:26:45 GMT

Check http://www.auczilla.com/lego/x/4.html -- they only have 35 listed, but
they may have one or two we've missed.

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
   http://theForce.net
      "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful
      than you can possibly imagine."

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message
Lot's of responses to this. Based on everyone's comments and a couple of
other things I remembered, I've revised the list.
New list follows, with some comments inline and other comments • following...
We're now on 35 colours - close to the 41 someone claimed.

Solid colors:
=============
Red
Blue
Yellow
White
Black
Light Gray
Dark Gray
Green
Brighter Green (as in SW speeder bikes and the 4293 classic value pack
- I think these are the same shade but I'm not certain and can't find
my speeder bikes to check)
Very light paradisa green
Brown
Tan
Teal (Rock Raiders, technics, etc) (Are people happy with this name for • this
    bluey-green colour - personally I'd have referred to it as turquoise)
Orange
Slightly different orange (the crab in the Naboo Swamp)
Indigo (Deep Purple  - McDonalds sets)
Light Blue
Cream (Belville - think this is the colour Selcuk meant when he pointed • out a
lighter tan)
Paradisa Magenta
Other magenta (found by Frank Filz in a bucket - is this the same colour • kjmrr
referred to as
purple found in Belville?)
Greyish White (the old tv aeriels)
Phosphorescent white (the ghosts)

Reflective colours
Gold
Silver
Chrome (like the new technic wheels - I compared a couple of bricks and • this
seems
    almost identical to silver - just a bit less shiny) (Someone • originally
said tyres, but I
    assume they meant wheels <g>)
Cobalt metallic blue (aquazone) (I've never noticed this colour - can • someone
tell me
    precisely where it's used?)

Transparents:
==================
Clear
Smoky (New Star Wars windshields)
Blue Tinted (very subtle)
Trans-Red
Trans-Blue
Trans-Green
Trans-Yellow
Trans Day-Glow Yellow/Green
Trans Day-Glow Orange

Two other colours that could be included from Belville are what look like • a
blueish grey
used in some baseplates (eg. the 5805) and a yellowy sandy colour which I
think I'd
refer to as 'buff'  which is ued in the castle tower pieces in the • princess
story
sets (5805, 5807, 5808). However I don't want to put these in based only
on seeing them in the catalogue unless someone actually has the sets and • can
confirm their existence. Belville also has a flesh colour on the people, • and
scala
may have some other colours - but to be honest here I'm getting reluctant • to
categorise these as 'Lego' (The Belville baseplates are clearly • conventional
Lego bricks but the figures? And as far as I can see from the catalogue,
scala sets don't look like they have studs to interlock with Lego bricks).

As far as I'm aware, transparent yellow is now obsolete
(replaced by day-glow yellow-green) - can someone confirm?
Similarly, tv aeriel grey got obsolete many years ago.

Mark Koesel's suggested there's a new olive green in new Robo-Riders set,
8509 Swamp but I guess we shouldn't include that based only on a scanned
photo,
until someone actually has the set and can confirm it wasn't the camera • light.

More comments?

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com