 General / 10538
Re: What colors do bricks come in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:50:44 GMT

Simon Gammon wrote in message ...
Kim, do you have in your database, reference to any sets with a white
racing car; specifically with a 2-wide slope for the bonnet / hood (is
this called an extreme slope?). The slope has a number 1 in red with a
vertical black stripe either side.

Well, I think the part you are describing is usually called a 3x2 low slope
(part 3298 http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/3298.gif if I'm
understanding your description correctly).

I looked up that part in my database and didin't find any white slopes with
numbers printed on them.   I found a red slope with a "3" on it, contained
in 6432 - Speedway Transport, but none in white.

Of course, that doesn't really mean too much.  I only have about 200+ sets
inventoried here, so it probably isn't much help for matching a special part
back to a particular set.  Where the database really helps me is in finding
out how many of a particular brick I have of a particular color.  And if I
want more of a certain part, what set might I purchase more of to obtain it.
And of course, there's just the satisfaction of knowing exactly what pieces
of lego I own.  That's probably the real reason I bother to inventory my
sets.  Just my anal retentive way :).  (My wife says I can find a way to
suck the fun out of any hobby!)

P.S. Is your database available for use?

Well, I guess that depends on what 'use' means.  Do you want a copy of my
database?  I could probably mail you a copy for your personal use if you
want.  Of course, I'm happy to run searches for you.  And I'd be happy to
share any inventories I've made.  As I've said before, I do them for my own
enjoyment, but I'm always happy when I can share it with someone else.  What
in particular did you have in mind?

Kim

FYI: I keep my database in MS Access '97, because its easy, and I have it.
(Lots easier than when I was doing it in excell!)