 General / 10080
Re: Grimace is Violet, like DUPLO Dinos (was: Re: McDonalds Info)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 06:58:05 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote in message <382A29A0.277D@aol.com>...
Todd wrote:
Purple (almost magenta) -- seen in CyberSlam and MindStorms
Indigo* (almost blue -- WM playtable and rubber tubing in 8250 Search • Sub)
Violet (deep purple -- seen in DUPLO Dinosaurs and McDonald's Grimace)

There's another piece that is an interesting dark bluish purplish color.
See the plate used for the vanity table top in #5805 Princess Rosaline's
Room.  Does that match any of the above?

I don't think that's the same color as what Todd is calling Violet here.
That color (just based on the catalog pictures, I don't actually have that
set) looks way too bright.  For comparrision, look at the witches top in the
set directly below it, 5804 (at least its directly below in the catalog
spread I'm looking at :).  The witches top, is actually the same color as
the Grimace Slope (even though it looks blue in the picture).  If you look
across the page to the 5808 - The Enchanted Palace, you see the same witch,
and directly below her is a 4x6 brick with a cauldron in it.  That 4x6 brick
(even though it looks blue) is actually the deep purple of the Gramice Slope
(at least the one in my set is), as are the two flower pots just behind the
King. (And just for fun, the 12x12 quarter round bricks inder the bed and
the table are a very light pastel purple, different from any of the colors
Todd mentions above.)  So, I'd say that the vanity top is a differnt color
than the deep purple of the Grimace Slope.  And it looks too bright to be
the purple used as a highlight color in some of the Technic sets, though I
certainly could be wrong here.  Its hard to tell just from the pictures.

Kim