 General / 9381
Re: McDonalds Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:20:18 GMT

[x-posted and f-upped to lugnet.promo]

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:18:03 GMT, "craig hamilton" <anonymouseye@webtv.net>
wrote:

hi. the pink birdie planes are my favorites of the wretched mc-d sets.

I wouldn't describe these sets as "wretched".  They are as good as any other
18-piece set LEGO has released lately.  It's true they aren't very attractive
for AFOL builders, but they are head-and-shoulders above any other McD Happy
Meal toys, with the possible exception of Teeny Beanie Babies, which are also a
decent-quality toy.  And they are nice small sets for kids, especially young
kids.  No minifigs, no POOPs.

Unless by "wretched", you are refering to the McD characters printed on the LEGO
bricks (in which case, I'll agree), or the fact of the TLG-McD tie-in (in which
case, I'll ignore it).

Steve