 General / 9305
Re: McDonalds Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:56 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Interesting BTW to see a set with 3 Dark Pink 2x8 plates and 1 Dark Pink 4x4
plate!  (I wonder if some of those are really 2x4 plates...)

They are "medium" pink - not the light, not the really dark, but a "true"
pink.  At least on the one on display I saw this morning.

   http://www.lego.com/mcdonalds/teaser003.asp

I wonder what these sets will cost all by themselves (without the Happy
Meal)?  Back in 1989 when McD's did the LEGO Motion promotional sets, they
were US$.55 each separately.

I bought 1 while buying 2 HMs, and the HMs were $1.99, the set was $1.83 -
so at this point, I'll buy the damn meals, ask for no fries, freeze
hamburgers and throw most of them out and still be ahead, as I will drink
all the sodas.

I'm going to try to get a few extra sets, in case someone wants them where
they aren't available.  But I won't make any promises/announcements until I
decide how many I'm keeping, and how many I can actually GET as complete
sets.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/