 General / 9524
Re: McDonalds Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 04:10:44 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:56 GMT, "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com>
wrote:

Todd Lehman wrote:

Interesting BTW to see a set with 3 Dark Pink 2x8 plates and 1 Dark Pink 4x4
plate!  (I wonder if some of those are really 2x4 plates...)

They are "medium" pink - not the light, not the really dark, but a "true"
pink.  At least on the one on display I saw this morning.

I'd say (without having other pink pieces on hand to compare it to), that the
pink in the McD's birdie-plane is definitely between the light and darker pinks
of Paradisa.  But I wouldn't described it as a 'true' pink -- it's too bold.

My local WM-McDs finally got set #3 today. I bought a few. When I got
home I compared a pink plate to the two (or is it three) pinks used in
Belville 5870 'Pretty Playland'. This Belville set has a poor box, but
all the baggies are sealed. The slide board is not sealed so I used that
for comparison. The two pinks are very close, if not identical. I asked
my SO for a second opinion. She thought that the McD pink was just
barely darker than the Belville pink, while I thought the exact
opposite. So they are close. The Belville set is 4-5 years on a shelf
somewhere, perhaps the color aged a tad. I would describe this pink as a
'hot-pink', possibly with a little blue in it. Not quite a Fuchsia, but
working in that direction. Tomorrow, I'll take one with me to the local
print shop and see if I can get a Pantone number match for it.

Ray