 Castle / 456
Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:50:57 GMT

Whenever I find myself going "oh gawd" about anyone who's excited by UFO,
Exploriens, or Insectoids, I remind myself that (a) everyone is entitled to
their own opinion and (b) many people in their teens and twenties never
-had- the older, truly great sets to compare with.  The newer sets are also
more geared toward younger rather than older people.  Oh dear, I'm on a rant
again.

Um?

If you are in your 20's, then you are likely to have been around during the
best time of LEGO right at the peak of your childhood too :)

I Have a yellow castle that was new to me as a kid :)  and I'm 22 (for another
week!).

If you are say 20 right now then yes, some of the sets had disapeared, but even
still, the replacements were as good as the orginals (the firestation, the
octan gas&wash, 8880 supercar, trains!, forestmen, knights/Kings Castles)

Just my .02 worth of thoughts...

James Powell