 Castle / 15810
Re: ugh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:00:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
In lugnet.castle, Yaron Dori writes:
Hi everybody,

I don't understand what's the fuss is all about. All of you always complains
that nothing happens in .Castle, that .Space making much more projects then
we are, etc..., but when some1 does try to suggest/do something you all
attack him until he regrets he even suggeted the idea in the first place.

what an amazingly simplified view of what's happening. i really don't see that
happening at all.

That is not a simplified view. that is what is happening. i see it, constantly.

the differences between activity of .space and .castle come from a lot of
reasons.  people always comparing the two is starting to annoy me; as if there
is something to learn - to make castle better. in fact, the two are extremely
different. in more ways than one.

I know, it is kind of stupid to compare them, mostly because one is in a mud
pit and the others is on a hyperactive wine party.

activity and lots of posts aren't always good.  and recently, especially
concerning the MM and this recent game project, I've seen more hot air and huff
huff than anything worthwhile (ie. actual LEGO!!).  arguments about MM standard
rules, arguments about RPG rules, arguments about where to post pointless
discussion.

Yes, there has been alot of hot air concerning these things. These discussions
arnt pointless. they get somewhere. after the fighting, it becomes bickering,
it becomes something worthwhile.

UGH!

Yeah, id say that too.

What would make castle better?  LEGOs!  Less projects and group this or that!
More building! More sharing! More ideas!

Less immaturity, less arguments, and less comparisons to space.

Less this less that. how with less can we hope to acomplish something?
Yeah, more legos would be grand! are you saying that since there isnt any
building going on in my RPG, that it should not have anything to do with lego?
When the RPG does get finished (soon, dammit, soon!) It will have a good bit of
building.

Only with a group idea will there be more legos, less immaturity, less
arguments, less comparisons with space, more building, more sharing, more ideas.

Without something group to work on, we would all plug away at our own little
projects that might not get done, and never post anything.

ugh
-lenny

Aramir