 Castle / 15725
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:05:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Micah Berger writes:

Hey Alex, great idea. I like the fact that
the characters are supposed to be fresh &
unlinked to other worlds. I also like the
setting for it, but I should probably
introduce myself fist huh?

Yep, unlinked genres are always the best
and keeps the content fresh. (besides, if
a character dies or something, at least
you don't have to explain how the character
miraculously got ressurected if he's active
in a story :)

Well HI every body I'm Micah Berger.

A De-lurk, eh? Welcome to .castle!
(if you get a chance, sign the castle
roll call.)

You don't know me; well at least you shouldn't
& if you did it would be really strange.
Now even though this is my first post I
have been lurking about since before IOM.
Well I've liked legos for a long time but
I first started really liking castle legos
when I found the Castle World site. Of
course the one I found at first was the old
site which I thought at the time was pretty cool.
I did start wondering what happened when CW
& IOM stopped short.

I, myself, never had a chance to join CW or IOM
(partly due to my lack of a digicam at the time.).
Now I kind of resent not joining, but I think
this project might have more potential
magnitude in the long run.

But hey, now we have the Medieval Marketplace &
a new CW web page that’s just as cool as the old
one. Typing of which how come it never got a
cool site of the week award? Maybe it's that
directories don't count as sites or maybe it
did get one & I'm just jumping to conclusions.

Maybe the site can be nominated for CLSOTW? If
enough castle people email their opinions to
the admins, maybe it would have a chance...

Personally I would have joined CW & IOM long ago
except for the fact that I didn't (& still don’t)
have a digital camera or scanner for my computer.
Typing of which didn’t someone have an idea a while
back for a History of Castle World page? Now that
would be cool.

I know .space did their own rendition of the
history page with the Space Crash Course.

For history, speaking of which, a lot of
the original castleworld links and images
of models and stories have slowly
disappeared over the course of time, which
is why I propose launching a small curator
campaign to save these and assemble them
into a castle archive page. (I could
host any old images on my brickshelf account.)

I am planing my own castle story thing
but it will be a while before I’m able to
show you anything but words. And I have
to figure out how to do a web-site before that.

I've been planning to do an animated story
for quite a long time. (at least last year.)
and I still havent started because of several
factors including low budget, lack of pieces
and school.

Well now that that’s done I guess I’d
better steer back to the topic at hand.

That sounds cool but I’m a little concerned
about losing the story/plot of it. Unless of
course you want it to be more like a game.

I believe the MM/Undeseen project will be more
RPG oriented. (ala starship.) Story/ plots will
be constructed along the way by means of
reports. {basically summaries in picture and
text of the player's journey.)

You can find more information here: Under
the subtitle 'What about Reports'.

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Syndication

I don’t know what Starship is but I remember
IOM & how cool it was. I hope that this will
be as cool as IOM. Well you have my comments
I hope to post later with my suggestions.

Yes, suggestions are always needed.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y