 Castle / 15712
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:03:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Micheal Hassall writes:

So, any volenteers?

Count me in. i joined the community to late for I.O.M and castle world but
this will be cool. time to start ordering more samuria of Bricklink.
coulple of questions:

Nice to see you've joined in the discussion
as well.

1.will magic be aloud?

Well, with the job classes, some forms of magic
are allowable, whilst others are not permittable
for use. I'm guessing taking the 'easy way out'
like using annihilation spells or teleportation
or any sort would be banned from usage. (Revival
would fit that category as well, as once a
character dies, he's dead permanantely.)

2.will clock-work vieicles or mecha be aloud?

I'd have to say Mecha generally wouldn't be
allowed in the castle world, as anything
mechanized would prove a very distinct
advantage to the party in control of it.
(like bringing a mech suit into a medieval
battle. Kind of anachronistic.)

As for airships, only armies with a distinctly
*large* amount of wealth could realistically
control one. I would propose, if airships
would be allowable, this method only be
available once an established MM city has
expanded its boundaries far and amassed
great wealth.

As for machines, the only version I could
think of supporting are industrial machinery,
should a town establish a factory.

3.gunpowder?

Gunpowder is definitely allowable, and
can be used either in musket type weapons.
(ones in which a character would manually
reload.) or artillery cannons.

Hope that helps,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast