 Castle / 15795
Re: Brainstorming ideas for Game Project....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alex Polimeni writes:
In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
FYI,

I just posted towards this thread, but placed it in .fun.gaming.  I agree
that is where it belongs.  Anyone who wants to mix Lego Castle with gaming
is welcome to follow there.  Thanks!

-H.

My proposed idea: make CastleQuest a sub group of Castle. this is where it
belongs, because, as i stated in my last post, it is not just a game. if it
cant fit in castle OR gaming, put it in between.

Also, your putting this in .fun.gaming without a total agreement.

I am just stirring up trouble left in right lately.  Maybe my thoughts are
not in line with some of the other posters in .castle or this thread.
Should I just stop and not contribute?  (I mean these comments with a touch
of humor, though if people seriously feel I am slowing the process of your
discussions on current topics, it's not like I can't have fun in another
certain group around here...)

Can we vote on this? (sorry if this sounds dumb, but its accurate.)

Fair enough.  Get those involved (and those who might be affected) and have
a vote.  I assume these are the choices:

Where should development of the rules of a CastleQuest RPG be discussed:

1. lugnet.castle
2. lugnet.fun.gaming
3. a new group just for CQ, such as lugnet.castle.cq
4. another message board establish off of lugnet just for CQ
5. email only
6. in person
7. some other forum not mentioned here
8. not at all

If these were the choices, I would vote for #2, and suggest just advertising
CQ on occasion in .castle during announcements.  Actually, I would agree
that, if the game can prove a following, then #3 would be good too, but
establishing a new group doesn't seem to be easy to do and could take a while.

For the record, the gang involved in SS used option #4.

Sorry if I upset anyone, but I thought I was pleasing others...

-Hendo