 Castle / 15771
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:54:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alex Polimeni writes:
Hello, all.

as some of you know, im trying to get a game project or something similer going
for .Castle.
This is just a place that is not attached to any other worlds, and you do not
have to have the characters from your castle world playing it, since each game
probably will only last a month or two.
However, each game or campaign would have to have one or two
gamemasters,moderaters, whatever you want to call them.
This is just about the only way i can see the campaigns working out.
This game is not for hacking at other things. i want to develop it into an
exploring-adventuring-conquering game that is based around the Midevil
Marketplace.  Each gaming group would have to "buy" their suppplys from the
Marketplace and then go adventuring. A few of each team could get to gether
themselves and create a chronicled story of each campaign.
Since the only way to get something of the ground is to persue it and put wings
on it, im trying to persue this, and perhaps some people will get interested.
But, First of all, we need a team of people to try to figure this thing out
through Lugnet .castle and email.

The inspiration for this comes from the IOM (isle of mist) and Starship (did i
say that right) game.

So, any volenteers?

Also, any complaints or ideas are welcome.

Aramir

De-lurk...

...Maybe permanently with this project!!!

I think this is a great idea, Aramir (uh, I mean Alex). So, naturally, I want
to be involved. I think the whole thing should be based online.

First, I think the game masters should create campaigns, present them to
lugnet, modify them, and get people to join it. Each game master must put up a
website, or at least a map, and update it every time it is met. Meeting can be
done at a set time agreed on by the participants, or by e-mail.

Second, each character entering the world should only be given a set amount of
inital points to allocate per person. You would be able to transfer points from
one to another, but only at the beginning. Also, characters should be saved -
the stats and levels stay the same instead of resetting.

Third, just so there isn't any "I don't want my character to die" people,
combat should be done real-time with the game master watching. By this I mean
that the particpants decide what to do and then a dice roll occurs done by the
GM (Game Master). Factors such as armor, attack, and magic should weigh the
dice. I personally have a ten-side die if it is needed, or a virtual spinner
that has up to 26 sectors. I know some people don't like dice, but it is the
only fair way. With story battles, people will come out fine. And what is the
use of stats without the dice?!

Fourth, the GM can't have any personal parties except monsters.

Fifth, monster encounters. Monsters are controlled by the GM and also have
personal items and stats. Monsters can also be enlisted with special skills.
Monsters can be set or developed as characters by the GM.

Sixth, most of the stats look good.

Seventh, I like the MM idea.

Eighth, I think there should be classes. Different class get different inital
skills and stats plus the extra stat points and skill points to allocate. I
think there should be an experiance system for levels, with extra skill points
and stats to allocate. For example, let's say that Bob Noble has just defeated
Godzilla. Let's say he levels up once. Bob Noble is a knight so let's say he
gets 2 points to armor, 3 to attack, etc. Now Bob Noble also gets, let's say, 5
extra stat points and 1 skill point. He can assign them anywhere or save them
up for later. Different levels are required for different skills.

Ninth, on the subject of food. I love your idea that you have to eat. We should
set a time or an amonut of grid spaces before you have to eat. Hunting should
be done as in combat, but only hunters can do it. Gathering is done by a dice
roll each time.

Tenth, death. Death must occur, BUT I do think there should be a way to bring
back the guy. Special quests!!!

Eleventh, gunpowder. This is fantasy and I have never read a fanasy novel set
in the medivel (sp.) days with gunpowder. It is historically acurate for the
end of the middle ages, but I really don't like it. (Unless there is a high
explosian rate for the guns!!!:)

Twelvth (sp.), money should be based, per chacter, on class. A noble starts of
with 10000, a grunt starts of with 100, or something like that.

Thirteenth, heavy equimpment should carry stat penalties. For example, Bob
Noble ® puts on Heavy Armor. His defence goes up, but his agility goes down.

Fouteenth, I think there should be unique items.

Fifteenth, I think that MM quests would be neat!

Sixteenth, reports. Hmmm.... That is a hard one! Dice might be better, but
either way people might complain!

Okay, I think thats it for now.

Please include me on the list and, if you like any of my ideas, on the design
commitie (because this really needs one!)

Send any personal questions or comments to ewoklego@hotmail.com

The Castle Kid from Canada,

The Dragoon (aka William)

Sorry to anyone who does not like this RPG thing. I'm just posting it here so
Alex can see it.

Xfut. to lugnet.off-topic.fun