 Castle / 15745
Re: A name for the game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:44:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Micheal Hassall writes:
Well, How about abreviations: L.C.A (lego castle adventur), M.L.G (medievil
lego game) ,or decide on a name for the realm and name it that Eg: Legonia,
Halavance.

[Sorry for any typos.  I'm wearing gloves because it is rather cold here.]

I would stray away from any game name that includes the trademark word Lego.
Unless the game is sanctioned by TLC, you could risk trademark infringement.
IMO, Yaron's mention of "CastleQuest" sounded good.

...For Starship, we actually brainstormed about 15 names and then voted in
two rounds to determine which name everyone liked best.

I know its not very good but try it

Also, one night while I was catching up on posts, I made a good stat sheet
for the game. Find it here:

Tell me what you think of it. Its not very good, it only took me 15 minutes

Looks like a good start, if indeed you want the game to be so techinical as
to require such stats for each character.  Previous Lego inspired online
games usually did things without such detail.  The advantage of having stats
is that encounter resolution might be more real, or more fair.  The
disadvantage is that some people looking for a quick and easy game might be
turned off if there are too many rules.  It is a balancing act that you/we
will have to decide on.

...A recommendation, if such stats are going to be used:  Since you have a
resistance impacted by Strength, and since you have a resistance impacted by
the Intelligence attribute, and since you have a third attribute of
Dexterity, perhaps you could have Dexterity impact some third stat.  For
example, maybe Movement could equal Dexterity plus a base Racial Speed.
Just an idea.

Cheers,
-Hendo