 Castle / 15696
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joey Finnell writes:
Count me in!   I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
One question though. Can we use are Characters from are castle world?

well, during IOM that was the whole point. it was a place where everyone's
characters could meet.  Some made up new characters, others sent old
characters. Quite a few invented new characters that were already based in the
old world (like someone's cousin or whatever).

this concept seems to be really in an infancy stage right now, so really any
new rules or ideas are acceptable as brainstorms concepts.

(actually make that 2 questions) and how would we do this would we get
together or do it all online like the IOM project (which sorry to say i was
never part of)
Anyways I'm in for sure.

"getting together" physically is really something that isn't much of an option
for most of us.  I pretty fairly sure that most of .castle lives in different
parts of the country and probably a certain percent of active castlers rely on
parental transportation.

online or email would definately be the way we'd do this. it just makes the
most sense as a community effort.

what I'm concerned about is the motivation behind this idea, ie. if this is
really something people are willing to put alot of time and effort into or
something that seems like fun at the moment.  i mean, personally, i'd like to
be apart of something, but between work and spending time with my wife, i get
like maybe four hours of personal project time, which i devote almost entirely
to LEGO creations.  that means i don't have time for website creation,
maintainence, or anything else that is really required in doing something like
this.  let alone actually learning how to make a website.

i don't want to be negative, just realistic. i think that was the chief
downfall of IOM = a good idea that required lots of work that people weren't
able to put in (school, real life, etc).

So, I'd be glad to help in thinking things through and would like to be a
player, but I'm not sure if how much I'll be able to do on the more work-heavy
technical side.

-lenny