 Castle / 15698
Re: Some support for game project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:

I volenteer for it. I would also like to be a game leader or master or what
ever. It'll be much better than IOM because frankly no one ( well atleast me
) like the IOM that much.

The Isle of Mist really had a lot of potential, and
I was hoping someone would continue the project,
although the last update seems to be around two years
old. Innovative concept, but it never took flight,
I guess...

I say no one cause the people just let it die. and also I think the idea of
houses in the MM is a great idea so as soon as i take pics of a hoouse i
wiped up I'll post it. I realy dont want your idea to fail in starting a
huge upraor ( not that castle isn't the way it is) like so many others have.

I'd have to agree that the MM might be the only
other project (besides Alex Polemeni's Uldeseen
project, of course) that might rise castle from
its ashes. It's not a drought of ideas or parts,
but perhaps the prospects of completing a project,
but sadly knowing it might never get off the
drawing board.

The IOM got to level 4 of 10 but thats it. It had 3 settlements no updates
and like alot of exploring dudes. I mean it had alot of people so I gave it
a 4. This one sounds like 9 lol i mean 10 to me. Dont think i'm bashin IOM
it just realy didnt last. thats all that was wrong with it. That and the
fact that the page wasnt well cared for.

No need to stop ranting! IOM didn't last because
there was a lack of driving force to keep it
alive. Perhaps too many compliments and not
enough criticism? Maybe it was finally the
realization that the project could not truely
work? After characters built settlements, then
what, walk into the mist? What is nobody even
bothered? The mystique was attracting, but
nobody wanted any casualties, I'd surmise.

(Which is interesting because in one of the
IOM stories, one of Adrian Drake's samurai
forces falls dead at the hands of an enemy
wraith force. Errata? Hmm...:)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y