 Castle / 15748
Re: Brainstorming ideas for Game Project....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:42:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alex Polimeni writes:
Oh, yeah, i forgot to say in the last post....

I am not saying it will happen, but any character in a campaign can die.
It doesnt matter if you want it to or not, but if the game master thinks that
something has happened and that character gets killed, its tough luck.

Without a doubt, death of a character is a normal part of most RPGs.  Anyone
who plays should accept, in fact enjoy, the fact that such fictional
characters can go into high-risk situations that would be impossible in real
life, and much of the time they live, but sometimes they don't.  Sometimes
the role-playing of their death is a fun game in itself.  And in most game
systems, it is equally fun to design a whole new character to replace a lost
one; it keeps the game from getting routine.

But I also still think some element of resurrection might be considered for
a sword & sorcery fantasy setting (see one of me previous posts in this
thread for what I had in mind)...

-Hendo