 Administrative / General / 1453
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:15:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, edboxer@aol.com (Ed Jones) writes:
From the number of the responses to this and a few other Auction
technology threads, maybe we need lugnet.maket.technology group?

Hey, that's a cool name that might work.

[snip]

What differences do "market theory" and "market tech/technology/
technologies" suggest?  They're similar, but different.  Both do encompass
algorithms, analysis, but I think only "theory" encompasses psychology,
sociology, and economics.

--Todd

Market theory could include algorithms, etc. but my initial reaction is - What
makes an auction good, just, fair, well run - it turns into an ethical
discussion for me - although that might not be a bad topic for here either.