 Administrative / General / 1452
Re: RTL differences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:27:19 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
[...] I really like my local group.  The problem is that RTL will slowly
die if more change over to LUGNET - the only reason I got attached to
RTl was because of the community spirit of the group - I haven't found
another group like it.
What do/did you like better about RTL than your local group, since you like
both?  Can you compare and contrast them?

Compare and constrast :-)  Classic GCSE English question.  Well, I
wouldn't compare them - they are 2 different groups for different uses.
RTL was really good when I joined in Feb 98 now it's 50% For-Sale posts
and discussions about where and which sets to buy - there's no building
anymore.  One of the first threads I read was a train one and different
ways of building them (can't remember much other detail).  Now on RTL
there are people who think they rule the place - I don't live being
agonistic towards them because that's not what I'm about but sometimes
it has to be said.

Lugnet.loc.uk is really friendly and it's not US-dominated - that means
shorter posts :-)  People are talking about stuff I can relate to -
shops and places - they are more likely to get my sense of humour - one
of the main differences between the USA and UK.

I'm working out a plan to kill ATL once and for all to stop newbie
confusion and mis-posts - I think I'll make another trip to alt.config

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170