 Administrative / General / 1320
Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:03:47 GMT

Todd:

In lugnet.admin.general, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre Andersen)
writes:
Todd:
[...]

However, if one of the group's "elders" -- say, Terry or Jacob
-- were to

That feels just like when kids refer to me as "the man". ;-(

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

I know. That is the difference between ":-(" and ";-(". The
latter one should probably be followed by a plain smiley,
but I'm not good at ASCII animations.

Could we request JW to discuss the quality of his parts in
private with a "mentor" before they are posted on Lugnet?

Certainly.

I am willing to take on that job for a month.

This would entail close communication with Jonathan via e-mail -- in the
hopes of finding and correcting errors and methods prior to public exposure?
Could you contact Jonathan privately and see if he is open to this idea?

I will.

[ ... ]

If we need to take the drastic route and revoke posting privileges, it will
be especially useful if the .dat group has been separated by that time into
a parts sub-group...I gather that we would want to ban his posting of parts
but allow his posting of models?

This sounds like a good solution if we find it necessary to
revoke his posting privileges.

[ ... ]

but I prefer the "kill file approach".

But would stop the flame-throwing, the general ill will, and the grief for
Terry?  Although you could killfile Jonathan, you'd still see many of the
follow-ups from other people.  Effectively, I think you'd still see a lot
of the stinky smoke.

You are probably right, but I still don't like revoking his
posting privileges (I don't like the war against Serbia
either), but it is probably the best solution.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --
--  Web...: <URL:http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/FAQ/>  --