 Administrative / General / 1309
Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:33:24 GMT

Todd:

[...]

However, if one of the group's "elders" -- say, Terry or Jacob -- were to

That feels just like when kids refer to me as "the man". ;-(

take the lead and put forth such a suggestion in a formal way, it would be
my duty to support whatever decision the group made (as long as it was
arrived at fairly).

I must admit that I haven't (cared to?) read all JW's posts
on Lugnet, but from the ones I have read it appears that he
has a different attitude to LDraw parts development than
most of us.

I don't think he as broken any Lugnet rules - and L-CAD
never had any formalised rules, so I feel it would be best
if we could manage this without revoking JW's posting
privileges.

Could we request JW to discuss the quality of his parts in
private with a "mentor" before they are posted on Lugnet? I
am willing to take on that job for a month. If I don't see
significant improvement in that time I will suggest that we
decide to ignore his LDraw experiments collectively. This
could be done by revoking JW's posting privileges to some or
all of the lugnet.cad hierarchy, but I prefer the "kill file
approach".

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --