 Marketplace / Auctions / 1344
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:12:13 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, edboxer@aol.com (Ed Jones) writes:
From the number of the responses to this and a few other Auction
technology threads, maybe we need lugnet.maket.technology group?

Hey, that's a cool name that might work.

I like market.theory better than technology for two reasons

1) as Todd said, cut back on people thinking they can buy CD players
there...
2) Theory encompasses technology.
3) the Usenet precendent.

OK, 3 reasons.

That said, I don't think there's a need for another group at this point.
But you knew I'd say that.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.